Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, February 07, 2019

A walk, painting, and an evening out

 Another mild morning for my walk, 47 degrees.  
A cloudy morning with some patchy fog around 
but near the end of my walk the sun did peek out for a couple of minutes.
It didn't last long though till it started raining.
No rain at all during my walk though.

There was a dead opossum in the middle of the road just down
from my house.  Boy those things are creepy looking.

 Walked to town and then stayed there and completed my 6 miles
right in town before meeting Ken at the old house.

Dropped a book down the book drop at the library and then
continued walking around town.
Went around both cemeteries, down to the Drane house,
and around the ball park loop.

This old barn is down by the Drane house and has looked
like it is about to fall down since I've been walking here.
This is the pond by the Drane house and where the horses once roamed around.
🦋     🦋
I got to the house first and Ken arrived a few minutes later with
milk and a selection of pastries from the bakery for breakfast.
I had one of the crullers.
Then it was work time.
The kitchen, dining room, and living room have all been painted.
Nice to be done with those rooms but this job seems never ending.
 Worked till 11:30 and then home.
Since I wasn't home all morning, this afternoon I had to do
my morning house chores.
Then spent a little time reading.
Posting a little early today because we are leaving in just a little while.
Going over to Trish and Randy's house for an evening of playing
Mexican Train.
There will be 8 of us playing.
Before the game starts we will have supper.
Don't know what we will be eating but Trish is cooking
so it will be delicious.  She is a very good cook!!!
Hope your having a happy day.
Life is Good
 happyone  ❤️

14 comments:

William Kendall said...

That mist adds a wonderful touch to things.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh, you'll have fun! I don't know where you get all your energy though. I'm still hiking and I know I've built up some stamina...but oh my, I'm tired in the evenings! Love those foggy pics! Hugs!

ellen b. said...

Sounds like a good day and evening, too. Enjoy the meal prepared by someone else. We're going to our son and daughter-in-law's for a meal tonight, too. I'm bringing pica de gallo.

Tom said...

...beautiful images.

Inger said...

That barn is on its last legs. Have a great time with your friends.

Vee said...

By the time you read this, you will have had a wonderful time being with friends. Do tell us what was in the menu, I haven’t been out for a meal in weeks.

Oh finally! We have items from the bakery...and no picture?! LOL!

That painting will come to an end ine day soon. I would be overwhelmed to paint every room in the house so I am sure that you are getting tired of that chore.

Rose said...

This sounds like it has been a good day, ending with a fun finish.

I love your images, too.

NanaDiana said...

What awesome pictures and I felt like I was right along for the walkabout. Just keep plugging away at the painting and all and one day it WILL be done. lol Hope playing Mexican Train is fun! xo Diana

eileeninmd said...

Hello, pretty scenes from your walk. We had a few nice weather days too.
I do not like painting either, so happy when it is done though. Happy Friday, enjoy your day and weekend!

Connie said...

I have always looked at your morning walk as exercise; now I see it as your quiet time with the Lord. A time for tranquil communication and pray, while the world is hushed in the early morning. Thank you for taking Steve and I with you in your prayer walk. It means so much.
Connie

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It's a long time since you found a penny. I check you Blog every day and ... nothing.

God bless.

Lisa said...

The blanket of fog on the pond looks so quiet and pretty.
Those opossums are creepy looking. eesh!
We see lots of ground hogs in my area. They are rather cute though.
Lisa

Melanie said...

Sounds like a very productive day! Hope you had fun with the friends.

Henny Penny said...

The last time I looked at your blog everything was covered in snow and freezing cold. That 47 degrees must have felt like spring time. Think I will Google Mexican Train since I've never heard of it. That's a lot of painting. Bet you're happy to get them finished.