Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, February 08, 2019

Afternoon Walk

Same barn as in yesterdays post.
Including the Drane house this time.
Notice the outhouse too.
Had a great time playing Mexican Train last night.
It was one of the best times we've had playing.
We did so much laughing that my cheeks hurt from laughing!!
Trish made us a delicious lasagna and garlic toast dinner.
Oh and by the way I was the winner of Mexican Train.
 Got home around midnight.

Went to bed on the late side and when I woke up this morning at
6:00, I turned over and went back to sleep.

I made us blueberry pancakes for breakfast - yummy!

Did a few things around the house in the morning and
then after lunch I went for my walk.
The morning was cloudy but by afternoon the sun was shining
brightly but boy was it windy.
The temperature was 30 degrees.
Sure nice walking in the sunshine.
Walked to town.
Walked around the two cemeteries a couple of times,
then down by the Drane house again and around town.
Ended my walk at the old house where I met Ken.

We got some more painting done.
One coat finished in the family room.

Then back home I read for a while till supper time.
 That's been my day.
Hope your day was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Victor - You're right, haven't found a penny or any coins at all for quite a while now.  
Lisa - We have a lot of ground hogs around here too, also known as wood chucks.

13 comments:

Inger said...

I don't know what Mexican Train is, but glad you had so much fun. As always, the pictures are great and I know the pancakes were really good.

Rose said...

Oh, I love laughing like that...my boss used to make his daughter-in-law and I laugh till we were sick almost. I would come home with stomach hurting from laughing so hard.

I have got to look up 'Mexican train'....I meant to last night and forgot!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That game sounds like fun! I keep looking to see if you've written anything at the bottom of your post to LD. I guess I need to figure out a question to ask! I'll think on it! hahaha! Hugs!

William Kendall said...

Your last shot is my favourite.

Tom said...

...it's beginning to look downright balmy!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Those blue patches of sky look so good.

Dianna said...

Congratulations on that winning the Mexican Train game! It said that it was 30 here, too, today, but the real feel with the wind chill figured it was only 20. Your picture of the clouds today was just beautiful!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Blueberry pancakes are good. Saved me some?

God bless.

Sandi said...

No snow? That went fast!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I have never played Mexican Train. Congrats on winning.
The sky photo is beautiful. I enjoyed the warm temps while they were here.
Enjoy your day and weekend!

ellen b. said...

Laughing till your cheeks hurt...that's a good evening for sure! Happy Saturday to you.

Vee said...

That sounds like a great evening! I haven't laughed like that in years...perhaps I need to watch a comedy.

The wind is the story here today. Branches coming down and everything. I've decided that I will stay inside and do my errands another day.

Adam said...

I haven't had pancakes in awhile.