Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Walking in a Snow Globe

I went walking outside in a snow globe this morning.
The temperature had risen to 31 degrees and there was no wind
which made it a great morning for walking out in the snow.
Went down to the main road which was snow covered
and then turned around and walked back but didn't turn off
on my road but kept going straight up along this road and turned 
around at the end of this picture.
Then turned around and walked back down passing up my road again
and once more walking to the main road.
Turned around and went home.

The snow plow passed me a couple of times and he waved
to me.  I always stop walking till they pass by.
They also throw grit on the roads.

Didn't see any people but did see a whole flock of wild turkeys.
There must have been at least 50 of them.  Too far away to take a picture.
Saw deer, raccoon, rabbit and some other kind of animal tracks that
I didn't know.  

So happy I was able to get outside and walk.
It was so quiet and peaceful and I kept stopping just to listen
to the quiet and watch the snow falling.

Temperatures have been steadily going down throughout the day
so who knows when I'll be able to get out and walk again.
It is now 13 and still heading down.
Supposed to be below zero by morning.
☃️     ❄️     ☃️
After a walk in the snow Oatmeal sounded like just the
thing for breakfast.  I had some with brown sugar mixed in.

Stayed home all day watching it snow.
Took apart the Noah's Ark puzzle and started another one.
This one is small and easy and I'm sure I'll have it finished later.

I listened to an audio book while making more weave-it squares for our bedspread.
Once a few strips are done I'll post a picture so you can see the pattern
and tell you how many squares I have to make!!!

I did enjoy that Klondike bar (1 1/2) and plan to have
one again tonight.
 
A happy day to you.
Life is Good
happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
LD - The green jar on the bottom left was my Gramma's too.  It says 'cookies' on it.

Kim - Yes, painting the house we no longer live in certainly makes painting even more of a chore!! 

18 comments:

Adam said...

That's a good way of putting the winter weather.

Tom said...

...stay warm and safe.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful snowy views!

Kerin said...

That is a snowglobe! I would have loved to see that many wild turkeys at once. I think the most we've seen at once is around 15 or 20.
Thanks for the sweet comment on my post. I think we just may have to throw away the clock ~LOL!
We are getting really excited about the new adventures we will have :)

Smiles :)
~K.

Inger said...

I love your walk in the snow and your beautiful pictures.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The 'snow globe' effect is so pretty. Stay warm. The mention of the Klondike bar, makes me want one.

Angie said...

So glad you were able to get outside today - it certainly seems like you made the most of it - you usually write how many miles you covered. How far do you think you walked today? I went snowshoeing for a couple of hours - we had bright blue skies and temps in the mid-20s. I couldn't have been happier. Enjoy the rest of your week - hoping your temps rise again soon!

Dianna said...

I was surprised at your snow pictures in today's post, Karen. I thought sure you would have a lot more than we do, but it looks about the same or maybe even a little less. I thought of you this morning when I walked out to the mailbox. The temperature was just right to be out for a while. I came back in and got my camera so I could take some pictures. I just love it when it is that quiet...you know, the kind of quiet that there is when there is newly fallen snow.

Rose said...

What a wonderful day for a walk!!!! And always feels so good to get inside our safe warm houses after being out on days like this. Love the photos.

Hill Top Post said...

I love your snow globe pictures! I know you were happy to be out there and enjoying the quietness of "newly fallen snow." (As Dianna said)

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It looks nice ... but very cold too.

The gritters have been out putting grit all over the roads. The cats are all confused wondering who emptied their litter tray in the middle of the road.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, it does looks like a snowglobe. We had snow all day yesterday but it did not add up to much. It is neat to see the large flocks of turkeys. Pretty images. Wishing you a happy Wednesday!

ellen b. said...

Glad you could get out in that snow globe!

Debby Ray said...

It looked and like the kind of morning where you could hear the silence of the snow...you know, how the insulation the snow gives that certain sound of silence? Oh such beauty! Oatmeal is definitely a comfort food breakfast, one that I also enjoy often, snow or not. Stay cozy and warm, my friend!

Retired Knitter said...

I love the image of walking in a snow globe. Your area is so very beautiful. It fits.

Lisa said...

Beautiful but brrrrr
Lisa

Vee said...

I am glad that you were able to get outside today and that you enjoyed it so well. I was outside cleaning up after my plow man came plus raking the roof...that plow guy can't do that. It was very pleasant really and it was nice to breathe fresh air.

Don't forget to take a picture of the new puzzle.

Aritha V. said...

Brrr... cold. But I can learn from you how to be content in winter. ❤️