Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, January 28, 2019

Rather go to the dentist

Temperature was supposed to be in the 20's this morning
so planned on walking outside but when morning came around it was
only 10 degrees so once again it was a basement walk.
It warmed up nicely to 30 and the sun was shining in the afternoon
and could have went out then but never got around to it.

This morning I made us French toast for breakfast.
Don't make it that often and it was nice for a change.

After breakfast we went to the house for more painting.
We only last for a couple of hours before we've had enough of it!!
Doing it this way it will take us forever but just can't get
excited about it!!
I said to Ken today,
"I'd rather be going to the dentist than be here painting."  
๐Ÿ˜Š
Home this afternoon.
Did a bit of housework.
While I was dusting my stack of boxes I decided to change things 
around a bit and 
put my little collection of milk bottles all in one place.
Added the cows too.  The wooden one Ken made me years ago.

Did a little reading and made some weave-it squares.
I've been making some for the next baby blanket
and some for the bedspread I'm making for us.
Will probably get some more of them done this evening.
We picked up some Klondike Bars at the Shop and Save today
so I'll be having one of them tonight.
Probably 1 1/2.  ๐Ÿ˜ƒ 
Hope your day was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone ❤️
Comment Replies:
Mary Ellen - Thank you for the kind words and glad you enjoy reading my blog. Do you have a blog?  The Lego Town sounds like a cool thing to be doing and sounds like it would a great thing to blog about. 

14 comments:

Rose said...

I know you must miss your walking so much. I mean the walking outside. I am anxious for better weather...we are back to dark, dreary days.

I like your collection of milk bottles...

Tom said...

...neither painting or going to the dentist are at the top of my list.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love everything on your shelves. I like.....and have some of the same things. I even have the same 2 jars like on the bottom shelf. They were my grandmothers. hugs

NanaDiana said...

Oh- Don't stop at one and a half Klondike bars! Have TW)!!!! LOL
I don't think I could stand to paint 2 hours a day and quit. LOL Nope- I would be painting until I couldn't move to get it done and then beating myself up for days for doing that----don't ask me how I know that! lol
Have a great night- xo Diana

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I really love that wooden cow. Wonderful.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I like your cute cows, nice collection of milk bottles. Painting is not fun, I agree. But, the dentist is not fun either. Enjoy your day!

Kerin said...

Cute vintage display!

I sure hope that your weather warms up and that you can get back outside for your walks :)

~K.

Happy@Home said...

I hope it won't be long before you are able to walk outside once again. I'm thinking the painting might be a bit more enticing if it were not happening in a home that you no longer live in. Your shelves with the milk bottles and cows turned out cute. Hope you enjoyed your Klondike bar(s).

William Kendall said...

The temperatures sound similar to what we've got here, when one adjusts to Celsius temps.

Grandma C said...

You must have a nice dentist. I would rather paint than go to the dentist. lol

Lowcarb team member said...

Have to say I agree with Tom, "neither painting or going to the dentist are at the top of my list." although I do have a dental check-up next month.

All the best Jan

Adam said...

Glue some of those bottles together and you can run a rigged carnie game.

M.K. said...

Painting the inside of a whole house is a daunting task. I did go to the dentist today, and it wasn't too bad! I left with good news. I was also tempted by Klondike Bars at the grocery, but I resisted. I don't walk every as you do, but I should! Your cows and bottles are delightful. Are those cows looking down their udders at those milk bottles, thinking, "Hmmmm"?

Michelle said...

I loathe a trip to the dentist!