Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, January 25, 2019

More Train Pictures

This morning we had more winter weather.
Cold, ice, and a bit of snow.
No outside walk again.
Stayed cold all day but we did have sunshine which made us happy.

We went out this morning to do a few errands.
Stopped in at Lowe's and bought some corner molding
which will be used to make the frame for the cross stitch that I made.
Will post it again once it is framed.

I had a package waiting for me when I got home.
Ordered two sweaters from LL Bean.
A white one and navy blue which is so dark it looks black.
They are nice and warm and I like the nice big turtleneck.
 Worked on the puzzle for a while and also did some reading.
A little housework too.

A couple more pictures of Ken's train layout from a different angle 
from yesterday's photos.


That's it for today.
Life is Good
happyone 💜
Comment Replies:
Ken thanks you all for the kind words you left about his layout yesterday. 
 
ChipButter - Very often Ken is working on the layout when I walk.  There are enough of the tracks in to run the trains but he has a lot more work to do.  Just a small part of the scenery is finished.  It takes YEARS to complete.
When we lived in the house in town he worked on the layout there for 5 years and never finished it.  Here is a link to that layout.

Vee - Ken says thanks!! The layout Ken built when we lived in Savage was published in the magazine Model Railroader in July of 2007.

13 comments:

Vee said...

July 2007! I remember the month and year well. ☺️ Why am I not one bit surprised that Ken’s work has been published!

You sure are getting a boatload of wintry weather. Your new LLBean sweaters will be perfect for cold winter days.

M.K. said...

I'm amazed at how beautiful the rocky terrain and the greenery look in Ken's train set up. It reminds me of some areas of W. Va. I miss those rocky mountain sides.

R's Rue said...

Love.

Tom said...

...such details!

Rose said...

Oh, wow! That railroad is something else! I like your sweaters...

Ruth Hiebert said...

Those sweaters look very cozy.

Carol W. said...

LL Bean clothing is of very good quality, they should last you for years. I like the cable design on the white one. Have a great evening!

Hill Top Post said...

I can only imagine the amount of work it takes to complete a layout like this. I have so much admiration for folks like the two of you who have so much "gitty up and go." :~) I really like the turtleneck sweaters; perfect for the weather you are having.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

What a wonderful train set. Must take a lot of patience.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

We have been missing much of the snow, only saw a few flurries yesterday.
Ken's train layout is amazing. The train lovers in my family would love to see it. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend.

Lisa said...

Ive always admired those train layouts. Great hobby.
Love the sweater (and L.L. Bean)
Lisa

William Kendall said...

My cousin's husband is into model trains, so he'd really go for that.

CountryMum said...

Awesome train layout. So very clever Ken!