Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, January 24, 2019

Fingerprints and Ken's Trains

That warmer weather sure didn't last long.
It rained most of the night and most of the snow melted 
but then today the temperature dropped during the day and
we had freezing rain and snow.
So back to the basement to get my steps in for the day.

It was Fingerprint Ministry day at church so we left
right after breakfast to go there to work.
Usually people can come and go and work when they have
time from 9:00 to 2:00 or 3:00 but this time the hours
were 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM.  
This gives people who work during the day the opportunity
to come in the evening to work.
Today Ken and I worked 9:00 to 4:30.
I snapped this picture today when no one noticed.

Here are a couple more pictures of Ken's HO Train Layout in the basement.
I have nice scenery to look at as I walk around. 😊
🚂     🚂
Still have a couple more miles to walk to get the rest of my steps in
so off I go to do that.
My reward - ice cream.  🍨

Hope your day was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone  💜

15 comments:

Tom said...

...Ken a is a master!

William Kendall said...

Ken takes that seriously!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love those train shots. They bring back lots of memories from my Hubbies trains.

NanaDiana said...

Looks like a busy group there to me. I LOVE your hubby's railroad set up. That has always fascinated me.
Hope you have a really good night and upcoming weekend. xo Diana

Rose said...

That rail set up must be awesome to take in...I love your reward for walking...

Hill Top Post said...

What a great place to walk! With a view like that, each lap would be a delight. Are the trains ever chugging around the tracks as you walk?

Carol W. said...

I love train gardens, so did my late husband Charles. He had a big garden with 2 HO trains. Tell Ken to enjoy his hobby to the fullest! Have a great evening!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I guess we can expect this weather for the next couple of months. The train display is wonderful. Happy Friday, enjoy your day and weekend!

o2bhiking said...

I'm blown away by his train layout! Wow!!!

Vee said...

You folks have a very nice, cheerful space for your Fingerprint ministry.

Ken’s work is top shelf. I hope that it gets published in whatever magazines feature miniature railroads. Perhaps it already has been. I get the sense that Ken is well known in this hobby.

Michelle said...

I am impressed with the train layout. My dad used to have trains and I know it is a lot of work.

The Furry Gnome said...

Train Layout looks amazing!

Adam said...

That's impressive.

Debby Ray said...

Those train pics took me off guard...thought they were real at first! Very life-like...very cool!

M.K. said...

He's done a great job on his train set up. Enjoy your ice cream reward :)