Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, December 08, 2018

A 10:00 Walk


 ðŸŽ„     🎄
This morning I made us pancakes for breakfast.
I usually just use Bisquick but once in a while like today
for a treat I make Buttermilk Pancakes from scratch.
 They are delicious and so light.
🎄     🎄
Left at 10:00 this morning for my walk.
It was 18 degrees and sunny.
Wanted to walk my whole walk in the light and sun.
Besides I had a package to mail at the post office and didn't want
to carry the package around till the post office opened.
The package wasn't heavy but after carrying it for 2 1/2 miles
I was glad to get it mailed.
The man at the counter in the post office said to me,
"Did you get your brisk walk in this morning?"
I told him I'm taking it now.  
Look how the water coming out of the drainage pipe froze. 
Walked around town a bit and then headed back home.
🎄     🎄
Dale, the women who has the vacation cabin next to us and whose
driveway I walk up is here from her home in RI for a couple of days
stopped by to have a tour of our house.
She gave us this gift of a pretty spoon rest.
We finished jigsaw puzzle number two this afternoon and I'll probably
have another one started by bedtime tonight.

Finished reading The Long Winter and started the next one,
Little Town on the Prairie.

Nice to have a sunny day and are supposed to have a few more
to come.
Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone  💕

"You can never truly enjoy Christmas
until you can look up into the Father's face 
and tell Him you have received His Christmas gift."
~ John R Rice

16 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

Well done on finishing jigsaw puzzle number two.
Love your first photograph, a pretty scene.

All the best Jan

William Kendall said...

The snowy wood pile is a welcome sight.

Tom said...

...a sunny cold day on tap for tomorrow.

Hill Top Post said...

You really are due some sunshine. I keep wondering if it is always so cold and snowy there this early in the season. We are getting some freezing rain tonight, but hopefully there will be no reason for us to be out and about.

Granny Marigold said...

You are a fast reader. Maybe a fast jigsaw puzzler too.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm sure the sun felt good with those cold temps. We hiked a trail this afternoon in the sun...but it wasn't cold. At least it wasn't hot though! heehee! Enjoy your evening! Time to read and relax! I should read the Little House books again. I love them all!

Joyful said...

Lovely spoon rest from your neighbour.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Why do spoons need a rest? They are inanimate objects aren't they?

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, your spoon rest is beautiful. Are they red poppies? Hubby and I have been having game nights, we have played Monopoly and Scrabble this week. Enjoy your day, have a great new week ahead.

happyone said...

Yes, this weather is typical.

happyone said...

Yes, they are poppies. : )

Adam said...

We got our first snow last night

Joyce F said...

Just dropping in to tell you how much I enjoy reading your blog every day. I almost envy your long walks, even in the cold. I have a knee that will not allow that now. Your pictures are lovely. I also appreciate your Christian sharing.

happyone said...

Thanks so much Joyce for your comment and thanks for reading.
A happy day to you. 😊

Linda said...

What a lovely walk! I love the quote by John R. Rice......I remember him from my Missionary Baptist days.....

ellen b. said...

Unusual and nice spoon rest. Glad you got some sunshine!