Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, December 07, 2018

At home today

Left the house this morning at 7:00.
With the snow around it seemed a bit lighter at that time.
It was 18 degrees, cloudy, but no wind.
Walked down to the main road and up to town.
In town I walked to the post office and dropped some mail down the slot.

No people or animals about but did see lots of animal tracks.
Deer
Cat
Rabbit
and I think raccoon.

I just can't believe how warm my coat is.  I was actually sweating
and had to partly unzip my coat.
Just turned down my road here and I live at the end,
8 tenths of mile. 
If you look close you can see my footprints walking the other way when I left.
🎄     🎄     🎄
Made some more Welsh Cookies this morning.
Some for a friend this time and will keep a dozen for us.

We saw periods of sun and blue sky.

Stood by the back window and watched the deer roaming around the woods.

Finished up moving a couple more things around in the house
and then read and knitted.

Made dough in the bread machine for pizza
and Ken is now making the pizza
and I am getting mighty hungry.

Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone  💕

"Who can add to Christmas?
The perfect motive is that God so loved the world.
The perfect gift is that He gave His only Son.
The only requirement is to believe in Him.
The reward of faith is that
you shall have everlasting life."
~ Corrie Ten Boom

16 comments:

William Kendall said...

That second shot particularly appeals to me!

Tom said...

...your day looks about the same as here. We had a bit of blue sky on and off with snow flurries.

Vee said...

How sweet it must be to watch the deer moving around right from your own home. Corrie got the essence of Christmas perfectly. Simple and beautiful.

Joyful said...

The road in the 2nd photo looks like it's getting icy. It's good that you have a very warm coat because it is terrible when you are walking and you are cold. It sounds like you had a good day indoors after your walk. I miss seeing and hearing Corrie Ten Boom on Christian television. She was a dear old woman.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The snow really does help to make the landscape brighter.

Sandi said...

Love the Corrie Ten Boom quote!

Do you share your Welsh cookie recipe? :)

Granny Marigold said...

18 degrees sounds a bit chilly, luckily you have your warm coat. I think 18F would be about minus 7C. We'll probably get that before winter is done.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, pretty views down the snowy road. I am glad you have a warm coat on these walks, it looks cold. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You really are having a lot of snow.

God bless.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That's COLD! Hope your feet stay warm and dry too. I'm hungry for pizza. The last time we made pizza...we made 2 and froze one. I think I'll get that one out for this weekend! Enjoy your day!

Hill Top Post said...

I love your snowy day pictures! I often see those little hand-like raccoon tracks in the mud along the pond and stream's edge. I have also been seeing the red-tailed hawks a lot lately. They are in a bit of hot water with us though, because they have been stalking the barn kitties. I wore my L.L. Bean coat this morning. Toasty warm it is.

happyone said...

Yes, it is on my recipe blog. Click on Welsh Cookies in the post.

happyone said...

My feet never get cold. Walking keeps them warm.
We also make 2 pizza and freeze one. : )

happyone said...

I wonder if we have the exact same coat! : )

Pom Pom said...

Oh I do love Corrie ten Boom!
I'm so glad you chose such a toasty coat, Karen!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

It must be so peaceful when you have the lovely snow to surround you.