Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, November 06, 2018

Rainy walk, sunny afternoon

 Woke up to another rainy morning but this time it was a warm 55 degrees
so I dressed in my rain pants and yellow slicker
and out I went walking at 7:40.
 Walked to town and went first to public works and dropped
the water bill from the old house down the slot.
Once we sell the house I won't have to do that anymore.

Next stop was the post office where I mailed off a Netflix.

Continued walking around town and made a loop around
the ball park.
Passing by the firehouse there was lots of activity
with people voting there.

A few deer about and sorry to say a dead one on
the side of the road that got hit by a car.
There was also a dead skunk and a cat too.
 Not a good night for animals to be crossing the road.

Lucky me, I found 4 pennies this morning.
All in a row sitting in the middle of the path around the ball park.
Looked like someone put them there just for me.  😊

     💦     🌧     🌤     🌬
We left late morning and first stopped at the firehouse
to vote.
 By this time the rain had stopped and the sun came out.

We drove down to LaVale to do some shopping at Walmart
Lowe's.  While there we ate lunch at Wendy's.

Food shopping at Walmart and I also picked up this bright and colorful yarn.
A lot of people take their shoes off when they visit so
I thought I'd knit a bunch of slippers with this yarn
and keep them in a basket by the door.  Then when people come they
will have the option to wear a nice warm pair of slippers.
At Lowe's we got some white lattice that we are going to put on the
bottom of the front porch.  Will paint it to match the railings on the porch.
Usually people use a vertical but we like this square kind better.
Here it sits in the the bed of the truck in the garage.
Notice the reflection in the back window of the truck.
 It was way too windy when we got back home to spray paint it and
put it up but hopefully that job will get done tomorrow.

 I spent the rest of the afternoon reading my book until I finished it.
Pentecost Alley by Anne Perry
A Thomas and Charlotte Pitt mystery.
Kept me guessing till the end, a page turner for me.

I'll be starting another book later this evening.
Also going to start knitting those slippers.

Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone  🎈

11 comments:

Tom said...

...we had the same weather here. I sure would loved some of this rain in the summer!

ellen b. said...

You made the best of the weather for your walk. I'm amazed at the change you find. Looking forward to seeing how that lattice looks.

William Kendall said...

That bush is quite bright!

Granny Marigold said...

That red shrub is stunning!!

I keep a supply of slippers in the closet by our front door for guests too.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I really like the picture with the leaf strewn road.It makes me want to go down there and see what else there is to see.

Carol W. said...

A supply of colorful slippers is a great idea! I was just thinking of crocheting myself a pair. God bless you both!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It's raining pennies from Heaven.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, pretty view down the road and the lovely red bush. The lattice will look wonderful. Enjoy your day and week ahead.

Kerin said...

I sure like your walking paths!
The square lattice is nice and looks so neat... it's going to be nice to have that done.
Great idea to make slippers for visiting folks :)

Have a happy day.
~K.

Lisa said...

What a cute idea for the slippers!
Lisa

Lowcarb team member said...

Oh, WOW, that red shrub is absolutely STUNNING.

All the best Jan