Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, November 05, 2018

Afternoon hike around Happy Trails

A cold rain was falling when I woke up so did some loops
down in the basement before breakfast.
I don't mind walking in the rain or when it is cold 
but when it is a COLD rain it is not so enjoyable.

 Got a few things done around the house this morning.

I started knitting a blanket for myself over a year ago and
it has just been sitting in one of my baskets not being worked on
for quite some months.  Don't like how the two colors I picked out 
go together so I ripped it all out.

The day got better as it wore on and the sun eventually came out.
So went for a hike around Happy Trails after lunch.
I saw a few deer and some fresh bear scat but no bears.
I take my walking stick along with me and was told that
if I see a bear just hit the stick on a tree and it will scare
the bear away.  
So far I've never seen any bears while I've been out walking.
 Now with the leaves off the trees I can see to town
up at the top of our property.
The driveway that leads up to the cabin.
How blessed I am to be able to go for hikes in my own back yard. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Monday's we usually go to Brenda's for half price pizza but we went
to Ledo's for pizza tonight for a change.
A different kind of pizza but we like that kind too.

A happy day to you.
happyone  ๐Ÿ’•

20 comments:

Tom said...

...a cold rain here this morning too, but the day improved with time.

Vee said...

The foliage is still so beautiful. How fun to be able to see into town that way...very picturesque!

Sandi said...

a beautiful day :)

ellen b. said...

Hope that stick trick works! Love your views and the fact that you can hike out your door.

William Kendall said...

The light in these shots really brightens the woods up. Beautiful takes!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You really do have a beautiful place to hike! I know there are wild animals out there but I think they are more afraid of us and rarely come out to be seen. We wanted to have pizza tonight but decided to make it tomorrow. Now I'm hungry for it! Hugs!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Those paths look so inviting.Being surrounded by tall trees has a refreshing sense to it.

Hill Top Post said...

We also had a rainy morning, but the rain really wasn't cold. Millie and I were almost to the pond when the rain starting coming down in sheets. We have had quite a few good soakings this fall, which is most unusual. I love your pictures today, especially the first one. We still have lots of leaves on the trees, but they will soon begin to fall in earnest.

Granny Marigold said...

The mostly bare trees have a charm of their own. I love the paths where you get to walk. Much more interesting than having to do loops in the basement!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wonderful photos.

Love pizza.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, you have a beautiful area to walk. The path looks nice. I hope the rain stops today. Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day and the week ahead.

Kerin said...

You are fortunate and blessed to be able to go for walks in your own backyard!
It started off in the 20's here this morning, so we will walk later today when the sun comes out and warms things up a bit.
The pictures are beautiful...thanks for sharing.

~K.

Pom Pom said...

I'm glad you stayed out of the cold rain, Karen. Oh, it's so lovely in your neck of the woods.

Breathing In Grace said...

What a beautiful place to live, and especially to walk. How many acres do you all have? Great pics!

Silver in AZ said...

Glad you got your walk in, and gladder still that you are taking a stick with you and hope you stay safe from bears!

Henny Penny said...

You live in the most beautiful place! I love all the trees around Happy Trails.

Debby Ray said...

There's nothing like a hike in the woods, not matter what the season. And it's so nice to have your own little haven.

happyone said...

Happy Trails is 21 acres.

o2bhiking said...

Your property is beautiful. I'd love walking around there. BTW no bears for me in a couple of years.

Lowcarb team member said...

Such wonderful photographs :)

All the best Jan