Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, November 07, 2018

Lattice Work

40 degrees out this morning at 7:40 when I left on my walk.
It was just getting light and a bit later the sun was shining.
Walked to town again and went to the library first to drop
off a book down the drop.

Then walked around the ball park loop and the one cemetery
up from the pond.
Tom, this picture is for you.  I finally remembered to take the
picture of the gravestone with the Lamb on it.
It sits in the back yard of a house in town across from
the library in a garden with a fence around it.
Pretty quiet around town, didn't see anyone else out walking or running.
An uneventful walk but a good one.
Found a penny
☀️     🌤    ☁️
 We did half of the lattice on the porch.
The before picture.
Ken hung the lattice up on a couple of nails so he could paint it.
One can of spray paint only covered one panel.
After
There will be rocks on the left side like the right so you won't see a gap.
There are three more panels to put up along the other side.
Saved that for another day.
Instead of using spray paint I'm going to paint it with a roller.
When I came in the house late afternoon
I spent a little time knitting the slippers.
Will probably knit some more later this evening.

I saved a recipe that I copied from a blogger friend, but sorry I can't
remember who.
It is Lasagna made in the slow cooker.
We had it for supper tonight.
 It was pretty good but I think I'd rather
spend the time and make it the regular way.

These days sure to go by fast. 
   Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone 💗

19 comments:

Tom said...

...that one is from a late period based on what I see here. The heart is a wonderful feature that I've never seen. The lattice dresses things up.

Connie said...

I love the color you painted your new house and the garage door . . . that is beautiful :) Your new home blends in so well with the forest surrounding it. It's Stunning!

Kerin said...

What a nice feature that lattice is. Great job, you two!
I particularly like the square lattice!

I've made lasagna in the crock pot as well, but have now started making baked ravioli in the crock pot which turns out very much like lasagne. We like to have that for dinner once in a while and it is so versatile and so nice to have dinner cooking away in the slow cooker on busy days :)

Smiles :)
~K.

ellen b. said...

I like the way the lattice works and I think your choice of lattice is good.

Adam said...

Part of my lattice broke this year. I don't know if I'm going to fix it or not.

William Kendall said...

The fall colours are pretty!

I wonder how that gravestone ended up there.

Granny Marigold said...

The lattice really makes a difference.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That blue sky with a few puffy clouds is just so beautiful. The lattice sure dresses up the outside.

happyone said...

I think when their son died they buried him there. There is a little fence around it and they just made it a cemetery for their son. I guess you could do that back then. I'll ask around town and see what the story is about it.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

There's always something to do in the house.

God bless you all.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, pretty scene with the colorful tree. The sky shot is lovely too. The lattice looks great. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day! Have a great weekend!

Breathing In Grace said...

Your fotography is awesome. You need to join us on Friday Foto Friends. I really like the lattice you chose. I prefer the squares to the diagonal, too. It's looking great. HOPE you have a great day!

Nawm D Gerr said...

Your house looks beautiful. I want to make meatloaf while DH is away hunting, he hates it. I love it. I saw a slow cooker recipe and considered, but will prob do regular way. Your lasagna sounds good too.

Hill Top Post said...

The lattice work is really dressing the house up. I love your color combinations. What a lovely home in a lovely place!

Henny Penny said...

The lattice looks great. I've never seen lattice like that. I really like it better than the other kind. You have such a beautiful place. My daughter really liked the natural fence I've been trying to build, like yours. She did another little video (which I was not aware of) bragging on the natural fence. It looks so pitiful compared to your's. :)

Lisa said...

The lattice looks great. The tomb stone made me sad. Ervin was was only 12.
Lisa

o2bhiking said...

The tombstones with the lambs are so poignant. Your house is beautiful. I know that you are really happy with it.

Debby Ray said...

Looks like your season is a couple of weeks ahead of ours...it won't be long because the leaves are falling as fast as the temps. The little lamb on the grave marker makes you wonder about the story behind it. Your lattice work look very nice!

Lowcarb team member said...

Just love your first and last photographs.

All the best Jan