Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, September 24, 2018

Walking in the rain in the woods

55 degrees, dark and rainy when I woke up this morning.
Stayed home this morning and got the slow cooker going with some
chili in it.  It is for Friday evening when we are having some friends
over for a game of Mexican Train.  I'll freeze it and reheat it Friday.
Chili always tastes better heated up.
Tomorrow I'm making another chili for the same night but
a vegetarian version.

Got some house cleaning done this morning too and even
read a little while.

 This picture is from Saturday of our front yard and the part that I've been
working on clearing out and making the natural fence.
🐄     🦌     🐿
After lunch I put on my rain gear and took a hike around Happy Trails.
Leaving my driveway here and walking up the lane there on the right.
Walked up here which leads to the cabin we built.
The tractor barn and the wood shop are also up this way.
We are thinking about moving the wood shop down near the house,
but that will be next year.
Another picture of my walk this afternoon.
It was nice walking in the woods in the rain.
I don't know how far I walked but I was out there walking
a little over an hour.

Posting early today because we will be going out and won't have
time to blog later.
 
 A happy day to you.
Life is Good
happyone 💕

"When the oak is felled the whole forest echoes with it,
but a hundred acorns are sown in silence by and unnoticed breeze."
Thomas Carlyle

16 comments:

Debby Ray said...

So you're making chili too! The vegetarian version sounds delish as well...and yes, it's always better warmed up. I will be eating some for leftovers for my supper tonight...with more cornbread, of course! You have such beauty surrounding you and I am dreaming every day about moving to the country soon! :)

William Kendall said...

It looks like things have cooled down. The same has happened here.

Tom said...

...I was walking in the woods today, but without rain. Send some if you can.

Vee said...

The spot you’ve been clearing looks nice and tidy. I like the hedgerow.

Kerin said...

Chili sounds perfect for this time of year, and esp. if you're getting rain :)
Love your wattle fence (is that what it's called?)
Have a lovely time with your friends, and a lovely rest of your day.

~K.

Granny Marigold said...

We played Mexican Train yesterday with one of our sons. It's a fun game.

Happy@Home said...

Your walk is so pretty. I'm sure it will just get prettier and prettier as the leaves change colors.
You are very organized with your chili making. Your guests are in for a special evening.

Adam said...

I suppose to some chili fans vegetarian style would be blasphemous, but they are popular.

Henny Penny said...

The woods around Happy Trails are so pretty You could not have picked a prettier place to build. Bet it was fun walking in the rain in the woods.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wonderful countryside photos. Thank you.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, walking in the woods in my favorite thing. I love chili, this cold rainy weather needs to move on. Have a happy day!

happyone said...

I just call it a natural fence. Wattle or hedgerow is more organized than mine. I just pile up dead fall and small trees.

happyone said...

We all usually get together once a month and play at different houses each time. We haven't done it for a while so will be nice to start it up again.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The walk through the woods looks so relaxing and beautiful.

Connie said...

Walking through the woods in the rain . . . it sounds very poetic. Reading your post today brought back memories to me of walking through the Olympic Rain Forest on a little vacation once. The air was so fresh and the earth was bursting with life . . . so many different kinds of mushrooms, and little frogs no bigger than the tip of your baby finger. Thanks for allowing us to walk with you today. I truly enjoyed my visit.
God bless you,
Connie :)

Lowcarb team member said...

So nice to have a walk in the woods be it sunshine or rain :)

All the best Jan