Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, September 22, 2018

Fun Work and Cupcakes

This morning the temperature was 59 degrees when I left
and it wasn't long before the sun came over the mountain.
 Walked into town today.
Went straight through town and to the ball park loop
and walked once around there.
Then it was off to the old house for a pit stop.
Back through town to the first cemetery and made a loop
around there too and then walked back home.

Lisa was out running and I noticed her husband out a couple times too.
He's a walker though.

One of our neighbors has this sign in his front yard.
Adam, thought you and Daisy would get a kick out of the last town. 😊

Walked 6.2 miles
🦆     🦉     🦅
Right after breakfast we took our trash to the collection station
on Bumblebee Road.   
Made a stop at the library to pick up a book that was on hold for me
and also the next book club selection.

Back home we got to work around the yard.
I spent the day on my front yard project of picking up dead fall,
cutting down small trees and making my natural fence.
Ken came along with the chain saw and cut a few trees down 
that I couldn't get with my cutters.  
I still have a few more days worth of work just on that one
section.  But it is fun work.

Took a break for lunch and I quick made 2 dozen cupcakes for
church tomorrow.  Then back outside to work.
Later after supper I made the icing for the cupcakes and here
they are sitting in the cupcake tote that I bought yesterday.
It's been a long busy day and I'm ready to sit back and do a little
reading, watch a Netflix, make some squares and have ice cream.

Hope your day was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone 💕

"I may not have gone where I intended to go,
but I think I have ended up where I intended to be."
~ Douglas Adams

18 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

That's a cute sign post your neighbour put up.

Tom said...

...those cupcake tote are a great idea.

Joyful said...

The cupcakes look great and the tote is very handy for carrying them all. The weather and scenery look fantastic.

Vee said...

Your roads have the most fun names. That cupcake caddy looks great and the cupcakes look great, too.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The cupcakes look yummy.

The Furry Gnome said...

Sounds like you've settled in quite nicely.

Adam said...

You can't tell her that, she'll try to be its mayor.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I like the cute sign. The cupcakes look yummy and the new tote is coming in handy! Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

Happy@Home said...

Your new cupcake carrier looks ideal for getting them to their destination in one piece. The cupcakes look tasty too.

Sandi said...

That tote is great idea!

Lowcarb team member said...

Certainly sounds a long busy day...
I'm sure you enjoyed your ice cream.

All the best Jan

Anonymous said...

Love the signs with the little bird house on top..

Lisa said...

Nothing like the smell of fresh cupcakes in a new house!
Lisa

Victor S E Moubarak said...

The cupcakes look very tasty.

God bless you.

Kerin said...

What a great day you had! Love the cupcake holder; looks like a handy thing to have!
Hope you have a happy week.

~K.

Melanie said...

The cupcakes look yummy! Quite a busy day you had. I didn't realize you were close enough to town to walk there. Very handy. Have a great day.

William Kendall said...

The Maui addition suggests that person has a personal connection.

happyone said...

We are two miles from town.