Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

A good day for soup

Woke up to another rainy dreary day.
We had to go out this morning so I had no time to walk
because I can't go so early any more now that it is dark later in the morning.
 On the way home we stopped at Walmart and picked up 
a couple of things.

This afternoon when we were back home the rain had stopped
but things were still wet. 
I just put on my rain pants, but not my yellow slicker and went
for another walk today in the woods.
 I was walking along enjoying my walk when the sky got dark and the
rains came down.  I walked a while in the rain but it wasn't long before
I was soaked through so made my way back to the house.

I've been working on the latest baby blanket and have a good start already.
The name of this color is Creamsicle.  Perfect name don't you think,
same color as the Popsicle.
Hard to tell from the picture but the white is weaved
with the creamsicle color.
It seemed like a good day to have soup for supper so I made
The recipe is from blogger friend Debby.

We did see the sun for a little while, but it wasn't till after supper.
Nice to see it for a little while.
Cloudy now and supposed to rain again.

Hope you had a happy day.
Life is Good
happyone  ๐Ÿ’•

"It's easy to impress me.
I don't need a fancy party to be happy.
Just good friends, good food and good laughs.
I'm happy.  I'm satisfied, I'm content."
~ Maria Sharapova

19 comments:

Sandi said...

Love the blanket! Makes me want a popsicle. :)

William Kendall said...

The woods look inviting.

Tom said...

...cold and rainy here today, but that OK!

John M said...

I like those colors for the baby blanket. Orange Cream-Sickle is one of my favorite flavors.

Anonymous said...

we are finally trying out after getting 5 in in 2 days but tomorrow night supposed to be in the middle 60 so it's going to be awesome.

Granny Marigold said...

Creamsickle is definitely an apt name for that blanket colour.
I checked out the Broccoli soup recipe. Sounds tasty but a bit rich for my tummy with the butter, cream, and cream cheese!

Adam said...

It does have that right shade of orange.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Is a broccoli a cauliflower that went green?

God bless.

Kerin said...

Oh, drizzly days are perfect for soup!
Darling baby blanket, and the name is perfect!

Smiles :)
~K.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the soup sounds wonderful. I hope today is a nice weather day! Have a happy day!

Diane said...

Hi,
I sure would like to know more about how you make the blankets and which little loom you have. I'm looking for a way to make blankets for our pregnancy center. These are so cute!
I have been enjoying your blog for quite awhile and know you have spoken about the blankets before and your knitted slippers, but I can't find them on your site anymore.
Your new home is lovely and the pictures you post are beautiful.
I am also thankful for your testimony and your church and its ministry.

Vee said...

That blanket is so cute and, yes, perfectly named. My sister-in-law adores Panera’s Broccoli Cheese soup...winder if she would like your recipe. Sounds so good.

Vee said...

or WONDER...fat fingers strike again!

happyone said...

Slipper pattern is on a post from 2009 and you commented on that post. ๐Ÿ˜Š Can't seem to figure out how to put a link in a comment but you can find that post here:
https://lifeisgood-smile.blogspot.com/2009/11/slippers-once-again.

Link to all about Weave-its is down below the posts.
Thanks for reading and happy that you enjoy my blog.๐Ÿ˜Š
Have a great day.

Onneli Winter said...

I like rainy days... rubberboots and rubbercoat...dont get wet <3

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love that soft color of the blanket. Yes, a rainy day is a good soup day and that’s what I’ll have for lunch today.

John's Island said...

Hi Happyone! I've been taking a blogging break for a few weeks but now that I'm back I see you haven't missed a beat in publishing your excellent blog. Always love your headers! And your pics of the trees along the trail ... great! Love the baby blanket too! Have a fine day and rest of your week! Thanks for your kind words on my blog! John

Debby Ray said...

Rain is headed our way and we will be in for some for a couple of days. Since I made my chili last weekend, I think broccoli cheese will be the next soup I make....YUM!

Lowcarb team member said...

Love the colour of the blanket.

All the best Jan