Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, September 26, 2018

An Itchy Cow

Sunset last night from the front porch.
64 degrees this morning and just cloudy when I left at 7:00 today.
Was going to walk to town but when I got to the main road
I realized I didn't have my little purse with me which contains
phone, pepper spray, glasses, tissues and key.
Thought about continuing my walk but it just felt too weird without 
my phone so I turned around and went back home.
I thought this would be the day when I needed my phone.
So I only walked a little over two miles.

Later in the day I did walk around the yard and did get all my steps in
for the day anyway.

Cut up all the vegetables for the Vegetable Chili this morning.
Put them all in the crock pot with a few other ingredients
and left them to cook.
This chili is for Friday when we have our friends over.
 Ken was outside working on the driveway again.
All this rain we've been getting is actually good because Ken can
see where he needs to direct the water.
He dug a ditch and put a drain pipe in and then we went and got a 
load of stone to cover it.  One more drain to go and then we can
finish the driveway off with crush and run. 

Went across the street to say hi to a couple of the cows that were there.
A post makes a good place to scratch those itches.
Here comes another cow to say hi.
It rained on and off all day long.
This is day number 4 of rain.

Went to Grantsville this afternoon to do a couple of errands.
Stopped in the hardware store and bought two new thermometers.
One went on a post on the porch and the other adheres to a window
that we put in the bedroom.
Also bought a rain gauge.  Will be interesting to see how much rain we get.
 I'm sure now we will be having sunny days which would be
most welcome.

Hope your day was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone  πŸ’•

"There's nothing like sitting back and talking to your cows."
~ Russell Crowe

  πŸ„ And I'll add, even if they are your neighbors. 😊

12 comments:

Tom said...

...few things beat scratching an itch.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful sky in that first shot!

Michelle said...

Glad to hear you didn't continue without your phone. A great safety device in today's times.

Vee said...

Yes, you do like your animal friends. I’m glad that all the rain is proving helpful. I am about done with it myself. πŸ’¦πŸ‘ŽπŸΌπŸ’¦

Granny Marigold said...

Another stunning sunset!! I wish that was my view too.

Lisa said...

I love how you captured the itching post! Haha. I have always wanted a rain gauge. It would be interesting to see how much rain. I hope you will post it after a rain sometime.
Lisa

Ruth Hiebert said...

I understand the feeling of being out without the phone.I somehow feel lost without it.

Adam said...

It is a little sad to know animals have itches but have to figure out how to scratch them. My dog used to use a stand that held tv trays for that.

Kerin said...

Great sunset picture.
Glad that your hubby is able to work on the water runoff and get things prepared for much wetter conditions.
An ounce of prevention, is worth a pound of cure :)

~K.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the phone is a must have while out by yourself. Love the cow photos. The chili sounds delicious. We have had too much rain. Have a happy day and weekend!

Lowcarb team member said...

What a beautiful sunset that is.

All the best Jan

M.K. said...

Checking temps and rain amounts is certainly something that country folks tend to do! Your woodland walks look so pretty in these posts. Now you must make friends with those cows :)