Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, August 22, 2018

The sun going down......

from our front porch.
 🦋
Thank you all for those lovely house comments.
We are so blessed to have watched our house go from plans on paper
that Ken designed to Ronnie making those plans come alive.
 What a  blessing to be living in the woods in our dream house.
God is Good.
🦋
Don't know what the temperature was when I left this morning on my walk 
but it felt around 60 degrees.  Pretty windy also.
 There was a light misty rain at first but then just cloudy
and eventually during the day the sun came out.

Walked the Loop today.
I pass under some power lines and I can actually hear the wires crackle.
Kind of scary.
Walking over the river I stopped to take a picture.
The other day I mentioned that the main road hill I walked up was
2 miles, it is only 1 mile, though it felt like two. 😊

Saw a deer run across the road and then saw about a dozen deer
in a yard.  Just about to take a picture and a car came by and
they all ran away.

The Loop is 5.2 miles
🚶🏼‍
After breakfast we went up to the old house and loaded up the
washing machine and brought it home.  
That hand cart of ours sure has come in handy with this move.
Ken and I moved everything by ourselves.
I tell people I'm stronger than I look!!

Did a load of laundry.
Don't have a clothes line yet so had to dry them on the drying rack.
Still moving things around a bit finding just the right place for everything. 

One of our neighbors stopped by to invite us over for a BBQ on Labor Day.

Better go and find something to eat for supper.
Then off to church.
 
 Hope your day was a good one and you smiled often.
Life is Good
happyone 💕

15 comments:

Joyful said...

What a lovely view. I too would be afraid walking near the electricity wires when they are cackling.

Tom said...

...Ken is one talented fellow!

Sue said...

What a beautiful view, you certainly have a beautiful view while walking. So happy that you all are settling in so well.
Blessings,
Sue

Ruth Hiebert said...

Your new place sounds like the perfect spot for those who love to be close to nature.

Lowcarb team member said...

Wow … didn't the sun go down beautifully, such a lovely photograph.

All the best Jan

ellen b. said...

Well...that's a nice neighborhood for you to get an invite already for a bbq!

Vee said...

Stunning view from your front porch! Say, I did pick up the garden torch from Harbor Freight. Scared me too much to use it, but my sister and brother-in-law gave it a whirl. It sure made short work of the weeds growing where I didn’t want them. Thanks for mentioning it back along.

Granny Marigold said...

Lovely view from your place. I hope you get more people coming to view your old place soon ( and hopefully buy it).

Kerin said...

Sounds like you are really getting settled in at the new place.. I'm happy for you!
Dreams do come true :)

Have a lovely evening.
~K.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, beautiful view. You and you hubby sounds very handy and are hard workers. The BBQ sounds nice. Have a great day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Standing on the railway platform waiting for a train ... on a rainy drizzle day ... I could hear the overhead wires crackle as electricity was "jumping" from one cable to another. I had the umbrella up and there were sparkles on the metal tip as it absorbed electricity, through me, to the ground. Very low voltage, of course.

God bless.

Melanie said...

Such a lovely view from your home! Breath taking. I would be a bit unsettled hearing the lines crackled while I was walking near them too!

Debby Ray said...

What a wonderful view off your front porch. That is a beautiful photo of the river...you live in such a lovely area!

Adam said...

That's a nice little river

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Those deer can be lovely, but exasperating. We had 22 that roamed around our last subdivision near a lake. They ate everything we planted and we would find them on our back patio until we put a fence up.