Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Still getting settled and a few pictures

64 degrees this morning and cloudy with a bit of a wind.
The sun came out for part of my walk but it was one of those days
when there were periods of rain and sun.  Even had a thunderstorm.

Walked down the hill and then up the hill to town.
Stopped at the post office to mail off a Netflix and then to
public works to drop off the water bill from the old house.
Made a loop around town and then headed back home.
Saw 4 deer near my house run across the road in front of me.

Pretty quiet around town.
Walked 6 miles
 
A few of you mentioned if it was safe to walk and wondered about traffic.
When I left my house yesterday only 2 cars passed by on the windy
country roads.  There is hardly any traffic at all and when someone
passes they all wave and move way over to the side.
Even on the main road there is not much traffic and there
are nice wide shoulders.
I never listen to music or anything and I am aware of my surroundings.
So no need to worry.  ๐Ÿ˜Š

 After breakfast I took the car up the road to get a set of new tires.
Ken picked me up and we went to the old house.
 I vacuumed the whole house while Ken got some loose ends packed up.
We loaded the freezer in the truck and took it home.

We are still busy setting things up and we still have pictures to hang
up.  Some things we just don't have room for and we are thinking of taking
a load to an auction.

Some pictures of the house.  My phone doesn't take very good
inside pictures but here they are anyway.
 



That's about it for today.
Sure looking forward to my ice cream this evening.

Hope your day was a good one and you smiled often.
Life is Good
happyone ๐Ÿ’•

28 comments:

Tom said...

...that sure is a handsome kitchen.

Ruta M. said...

It looks like you've really settled in to your new home. Good luck with selling the old house.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Your home looks lovely ad very welcoming.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You're new home is really beautiful! I would want to spend ALL my time in the kitchen...love the colors and everything about it. The floors are wonderful in the living room and throughout! It looks so big and spacious!

Joyful said...

Everything is looking beautiful.

Carol W. said...

Lovely kitchen! The colors you chose makes it seem bigger. Love the fireplace too! I know you'll both be very happy living there.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Wow. You really got things squared away quick! Your home turned out so lovely and it was more than worth the wait. Lucky you!

Adam said...

Everything looks wonderful

Granny Marigold said...

Out in the country I'd be more afraid of vicious dogs than traffic.
Your new home is looking very lovely and cozy.

ellen b. said...

Oh boy! I love your new home. The kitchen is fabulous! Great choices!

Jagoda Smith said...

Beautiful house, Karen:))

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I love the kitchen and your beautiful fireplace. Lovely home. Happy Wednesday, enjoy your day!

Dianna said...

Your home is beautiful, Karen. I am SO happy for you and Ken! You've done an outstanding job in your decorating...LOVE your kitchen!

Kerin said...

Beautiful home. Looks welcoming and cozy. I'm so happy for you both!

Have a happy day.

~K.

Nawm D Gerr said...

Love your kitchen and the sink especially! You have gotten so much done. You all are getting in just in time to enjoy the fall. So exciting for you!

Debby Ray said...

It's looking like home! Just beautiful!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Great house, Happyone. You should be proud.

God bless.

Melanie said...

Your house is just beautiful! I really love the wood floors! I see you get Neflix DVDs. Do you do streaming too? I found that the older movies I like were available on DVDs and not on streaming. I'm thinking of starting them back up but doing the DVD thing instead.

happyone said...

Yes, we do both.

happyone said...

Not proud but very thankful. : )

Sue said...

OH! I just love your new home, the colors are beautiful, and your kitchen is so spacious, every woman's dream. Enjoy your blessings.
Sue

Lowcarb team member said...

Your new home looks lovely.
It has been good to share this experience with you.
I wish you every happiness in your New Home.

All the best Jan

M.K. said...

Thanks for sharing the photos -- your new house is absolutely stunning! Looks like a show house. I LOVE the blue walls in your kitchen, and the cabinets/doors/style is just perfect. I know you'll enjoy it so much!

SusieCraft said...

Your new home is beautiful, perfect!

Breathing In Grace said...

So happy you're in your new home. I can't believe how settled in your already are with pictures hung, too. It's beautiful!

happyone said...

Nice to see you here. : ) Does the knitting group still meet? Hope all is well with you.

Carolyn said...

So beautiful! You are truly blessed! How cozy it will be this winter!

Kerri Farley said...

It's really beautiful Karen!! Congratulations!