Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, August 24, 2018

No curtains

54 degrees this morning at 7:00 when I left the house on my morning walk.
It was a sunny morning and perfect walking weather.
I walked the 5.2 miles round the Loop.
Along this route I've made some more cow friends.
There are 6 black ones in this pasture and I've named
them Herd 6.  Not very original but that's what I call them.
Four of them were sleeping in this corner of the pasture
when I walked by and this one stood up when I said good morning.
Counted 9 deer scattered along my way.  
So far I've not seen any people.  Very few houses along the route.
🐄     🐄
Late in the morning went to the old house to mow the lawn.

We have a picnic table up by the cabin that has been out in the 
weather for the last few years.  We brought it down to the house
this afternoon and Ken power washed it.
Wow it looks brand new again.  
I'm going to paint the top a dark green like the house and
put it on the porch.  Will be so nice to eat some meals out there.

Yesterday was Fingerprint day at church so that kept us
busy yesterday.  Quite a lot of people there including a good number of kids 
there. Didn't get a people count but we put
together 5,000 Romans books.

 I'm not going to put up any curtains on the windows.
It is just too pretty to block any of the tree views.
Each window is like a beautiful picture come to life.
There is no one around to look in the windows anyway.

It was such a pretty day, sunny and 70 degrees.
A happy day to you.
Life is Good
happyone 💕

18 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

We didn't have any curtains in our last house either.

Dianna said...

I thought that may be the reason for your absence here yesterday. That is such a worthwhile ministry to be able to be a part of, Karen. Have a lovely weekend!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

We have only a few curtains up in a bedroom to darken the room. I like having the window'd view wide open too, even in summer.

ellen b. said...

I like the thought of no curtains. We'll have to see what critters might be peeking in the windows at night. Have a good weekend!

Granny Marigold said...

It would be a shame to hang curtains and hide the lovely views from your windows.

Tom said...

...you sure live in a gorgeous neck of the woods.

Adam said...

I was going to say, I doubt you'd get many visitors

Ruth Hiebert said...

With beautiful views of nature, why block that out with curtains.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Beautiful part of the world. And great walks. Do you find any pennies on your new walks?

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, love the first view and the cute cows. I would not want to hide the pretty views at the window either. I am sure the picnic table will come in handy. Enjoy your day and weekend!

Vee said...

Love the views! I like no curtains on some windows; others absolutely require curtains for my own peace of mind. I have had a couple of peeping toms in the years I have lived here.

happyone said...

I'll probably only find pennies when I walk to town. Don't think the deer and bear drop many. : )

Retired Knitter said...

I don’t like curtains either but I do like window coverings (shades, blinds or the like) for my own privacy at night. Maybe I have watched too much TV or too many mysteries, but like Vee, it is an issue of peace of mind. But I know this is personal preference

Ida said...

So happy you are enjoying your new home. What a great new place for your walks. - I prefer curtains only because it's hard to watch television with the light shining on the tv from the window.

Debby Ray said...

I do like the look of curtains or some sort of window treatment but I would not want to block those gorgeous views of yours either. Our farmhouse will be sitting right out in the meadow with lots of sun so will certainly need some, especially in the bedrooms! Love those cows!

Inger said...

Another beautiful picture. I know you will be very happy there.

Sandi said...

Beautiful views!

Lowcarb team member said...

Such beautiful views …

All the best Jan