Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, August 10, 2018

Saying Goodye

🌽     🌽     🌽
57 degrees and sunny when I walked this morning.

Turned right at the end of my driveway for a change and walked
south down the main road instead of north.
Went about a mile or so and then turned around and on the way
back turned in by the industrial park and walked around there.
A little more traffic than on the weekend but certainly not a lot.
Continued on through town to the other end and then back home.

Ken passed me in the truck on his way to have breakfast with Edd.

Saw a couple of rabbits and many birds.

People were sitting out in front of the Rolling Pin Bakery
early this morning.
Some one commented, "Sure is a nice morning for a walk."
I said, "Yes, but every morning is." 😊

Walked 6 miles
🌸     🌸     🌸
Came to a decision this morning that has been on my mind for a while now.
I have a C5 Red 2002 Red Corvette as many of you know.
It had been a dream of mine to have a Vette since I was a little girl
and I sure have loved having it and driving it around.
But I have decided to sell it.
 Since moving up here 5 years ago I just haven't been driving
it much.  Too much snow to drive it in the winter and
with Ken being retired we usually go out together and I just don't
drive it much anymore.
After driving it for 16 years I will miss it at times I'm sure
but I feel it is time for me to say good-bye to my car.

 Ken went up to the house again this afternoon but I stayed home.
He's doing some outside work in the back with stone walls.
I decided to stay home here and get some things packed up.

Sorry no house pictures again today.
I never went up to the house.

I often mention my nightly snack of ice cream and we do have
ice cream 5 out of 7 days.
I took a picture of my ice cream last night.
We eat it in these old ice cream dishes that we picked up at
an antique shop years ago.
It holds a cup of ice cream.
 Hope your day was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone  💕

Yes, Officer, I did see the speed limit sign.
I just didn't see you.
~unknown

24 comments:

Dianna said...

Awww...I know you will hate to part with your Corvette, but I also realize that you made a wise decision. Winters here can be brutal and even more so over the county line where you are. I doubt you will have any trouble with it selling.

I've been being impressed to pray about the sale of your current home, too, Karen. I wanted to let you know that.

Hugs to you.

Lowcarb team member said...

I'm sure you will feel sad to part with your lovely red car, but perhaps the time is right?

I love your first photograph.

All the best Jan

Ruth Hiebert said...

Someone will come a proud owner of that Corvette.The ice-cream looks yummy, but then, there is hardly an ice-cream that I don't like.

Michelle said...

I know you will miss your car, but all good things come to an end.

Tom said...

...some cars become garage queens! If you see a Stingray from the '60s let me know.

Vee said...

Oh think how happy someone is going to be to have the car you have kept in pristine condition. You have your memories and the pictures and so... Will you be getting another, practical, winter weather kind of car?

Lisa said...

Ive always found it hard to let go of a car. You should not have any trouble selling it. Im at the beach and have done LOTS of walking and its been in the 90s. One day we hit over 100 degrees. I love it though.
Lisa

Granny Marigold said...

I tend to get attached to our humble cars and have a lump in my throat when we sell so I can only imagine the lump in yours when the time comes.

Henny Penny said...

I'm so glad you got the car of your dreams and enjoyed it for 16 years. Somebody is going to get a nice Corvette! I had a hard time letting mama's little Toyota go. I felt like she might have been it it as the new owner drove it up the road. When I saw that your post said "saying goodbye" it scared me. I was afraid you were ending your blog. Glad that's not it. Poppy and I had our ice cream tonight, as usual. I love your pretty ice cream dishes.

Joyful said...

Your corvette is beautiful but I understand why you want to sell it. The compensation is that you had 16 years of enjoyment through owning and sometimes driving it. I like that you have ice cream so often ;-)

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Sounds like a wonderful walk. That red corvette is sure a beauty! I think it would be hard to part with it, but makes total sense. :) I bet you're getting excited to move into your new home.
hugs,
Jann

Victor S E Moubarak said...

What a splendid car. And in red too. I am so envious.

Reminds me of the time a rich benevolent uncle visited us. We passed a show room and saw a bright red Ferrari. It was magnificent. That evening, to my great surprise, my uncle said, "Remember that bright red car we saw this morning? I have bought you a toothbrush the same colour!"

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I am sure you are sad to sell your corvette. It is a pretty car. Have a happy day and weekend!

Ruta M. said...

Now somebody else will get the car of their dreams and in beautiful condition too though I can understand that it will be a wrench to part with it. Maybe a bright red quad bike instead? Enjoy your ice cream.

Adam said...

It's a shame, but there won't be any love lost when I sell my car. I hate it.

Inger said...

What a beautiful car! You will probably miss it, but a car like that should be driven and enjoyed, the way you used to. So it will be better to find a new owner so the beautiful car can rock and roll down some highway at a good speed.

happyone said...

No, we already have a truck and an Equinox which are good in snow. We might trade in the Equinox. The car is nice but we don't like the very dark blue looks like black color. Would like to trade it in for a nice red or blue car. Don't know what kind though.

happyone said...

I've tried to quit blogging three different times but only lasted a few weeks. Don't think I'll ever quit.

Kerin said...

Yep.. every day is a good day for walking, I agree!!

Someone else will be happy to love your car, and enjoy it as you did, and I'm sure give it a new home :)

Have a lovely weekend.

~K.

The Furry Gnome said...

That is a beautiful car!

Debby Ray said...

She sure is pretty and I know you will miss her for a while. How much fun though that you had her for 16 years! I hope she finds a great new home. :)

o2bhiking said...

Always sad to say goodbye to an old friend, even if it is mechanical. It's a beautiful car.

ellen b. said...

Well that's quite a beauty and I'm sure you'll have no trouble selling it!

Nawm D Gerr said...

Praying for your house to sell fast and your vette. I know it must be hard. I have a 99 TA convertible that I ponder selling some day. I also have a Harley that I want to sell, but I need to ease into that, it will hurt my husband more than I! Your new place looks amazing.