Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, August 11, 2018

The move has begun

62 degrees this morning when I left on my walk at 6:40.
Rained during the night but was nice by morning.
Mostly cloudy at first but lots of sun after a little while.
My usual walk, around the streets in town and the cemeteries
and the ball park loop.

Saw Lisa out running and we stopped for a chat in one of the cemeteries.
The usual rabbits around and the geese were back by the town pond.

Walked 6  miles
🌤     🌤     🌤
Last evening Ken had a church meeting to go to and on the way home
he stopped at Walmart and Lowe's.
Both places he picked up a little something for me.
Walmart it was blueberries so I made blueberry pancakes for breakfast.
Also he brought back a very bight new orange hat for me so I'm easily
seen when walking.
In Lowe's he spotted some galvanized pails that were on sale.
The pails, I'm going to put in the box window at the new house
and grow basil, oregano, parsley.
The only thing that needs doing at the new house now is to
install the lights over the garage doors and on the sides of the front door.
I'm pretty sure that is it.
The final inspection still needs to be done and Ronnie has called
for it but hasn't heard back yet.  Hopefully early next week so by
Saturday we will be able to move in the house.
We spent the day moving some of our stuff in the house.
Still have lots to bring over but here is the start.  
Seeming more like home seeing our things in it.
During one of the times we were at the old house I took a few minutes
to make some pizza dough and then we took the last load over for the day.
We are not taking full loads over and just taking our time and enjoying the move.
Nice to be able to stop and sit on the porch.
When we got back from the last load the pizza dough was ready and
Ken made us a delicious pizza for supper.  
It was a Margarita with fresh mozzarella, basil and fresh garden tomatoes. 
(friend from the book club gave me the tomatoes and a zucchini)

So that's been my day.
Very excited to be moving into the house.
Hope your day was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone 💕

"During my second year of nursing school our professor gave us a quiz.
I breezed through the questions until I read the last one:
"What is the first name of the woman who cleans the school?"
Surely this was a joke.
I had seen the cleaning woman several times, but how would I know her name?
I handed in my paper, leaving the last question blank.
Before the class ended, 
one student asked if the last question would count toward our grade.
"Absolutely," the professor said.
"In your careers, you will meet many people.
All are significant.
They deserve your attention and care, even if all you do is smile and say hello."
I've never forgotten that lesson.
I also learned her name was Dorothy."
~ JoAnn C Jones

22 comments:

Tom said...

...you had a smart professor.

Sandi said...

Beautiful, the walk and the kitchen and Dorothy's story at the end.:)

Joyful said...

I like the lesson at the end of your post. But I'm afraid I'm terrible at asking people's names and equally bad at remembering these days though from time to time a name will stick :-) I do like how your home is looking. It looks very cosy and I'm sure you will be most comfortable there.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That kitchen/dining room looks very inviting.I like the little story at the end.It truly is so important to pay attention to all the people around us.

Linda d said...

I had a girlfriend that knew the names of most of our homeless in town. She said it was important to them to be known.

Adam said...

Looks really good

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Good luck and best wishes of happiness as you move to your new home.

A friend of mine always plants his herbs in the garden in alphabetical order. People ask him "Where do you find the time?" He said, "It’s there next to the sage."

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, your house is so pretty. I love the photo from inside and outside. Great quote and lesson! Have a happy day!

Ruta M. said...

Your house looks lovely and inviting. Moving your belongings a bit at a time must make the whole process a lot easier. I'm terrible with names but have learned to simply ask again blaming my age. At work I got on as well with the cleaning and support staff as my fellow teachers. Maybe that was why I didn't fit well with the boss.

Vee said...

So much to enjoy now and to look forward to... Your new home is beautiful...love that porch.

Jagoda Smith said...

Your kitchen looks impressive. Good luck with the move.

Pom Pom said...

The new house looks so wonderful! I bet you are VERY excited. I'm glad Ken bought you an orange hat. I hope you'll wear it, Karen.

Debby Ray said...

How exciting! I love your kitchen...so many features very similar to what we have in mind for our farmhouse. May I ask what material is your silver back splash? I know it's not painted textured wallpaper like mine but it look quite similar. Do you mind if I save your photo to use as an example to our builder when the time comes? Beautiful stonework outside as well...what a blessing it must be to finally be moving your things in!

Granny Marigold said...

I wondered if the bright orange cap was for you to wear when you walk in the country in deer hunting season.

Kerin said...

Yay! How exciting to be moving into the new place!
Bye the way, the new house is gorgeous, and I wish you many happy memory making times there :)

Smiles :)
~K.

p.s. love your pails and the orange hat is perfect!

Carol W. said...

I like your new orange hat. You should write your name on the front "HAPPYONE". That would make it more cheery. God bless you!

Kerri Farley said...

It has been wonderful reading about your journey to the new house. Best of Luck with the move!!

Melanie said...

Karen, I've missed these "walks" with you! Your new home looks absolutely gorgeous! I remember when it was just a plan. So happy for you!

John M said...

For some reason I find it difficult to remember names.

o2bhiking said...

That is so exciting. Wishing you happiness and blessings in your new home in the woods, Happy-K.

ellen b. said...

The new house looks so great and the kitchen area has a heart with your stuff in it. Looks so inviting. Enjoy your slow move.

Lowcarb team member said...

Your new house looks great.
Wishing you both every happiness as you take time to move in.

All the best Jan