Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, August 09, 2018

Thursday

64 degrees this morning when I walked and it was cloudy
and felt like rain.  Did feel a couple of drops but it never did
rain.  In fact it ended up being a nice sunny day in the 70's.

Had my usual walk around town.

Saw a baby deer running along the side of the main road and
was glad that I scared it back into the woods.

Walked down by the Drane house and the horses were out.
They were too busy eating to even give me a glance.
Little Star is getting big!

For just a minute or two the dark clouds parted and I saw a tiny bit of blue.
Walked 6.2 miles
🍓     🍓
Didn't go to the new house this morning. 
Did a few things around the house here before I walked to the library
for this months book club meeting.
There were only 6 of us there but we all liked the book again this month.
Carnegie's Maid by Marie Benedict

After lunch I went up to the new house with Ken.
The porch was finished today.
Didn't get a picture after all because when we left they were
still working and cleaning up when we had to leave so couldn't get a good picture.
Maybe tomorrow.

I've been working on the latest baby blanket and have only 4 more rows to do.
That is 28 more weave-it squares.
I'm using a variegated yellow and white yarn and it is turning out
differently than I thought it would.  Nice just different.
Will post pictures when I finish it.

Looking forward to my Chocolate Chippity ice cream later.
That is always a treat.

That's it for today.
Hope your day was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone  💕

One moment of patience may ward off great disaster.
One moment of impatience may ruin a whole life.
~ Chinese Proverb

9 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

Another good day. It's so hot here that our supply of ice cream is very low. Tomorrow I will go shopping and be sure to buy more.

Tom said...

...even an overcast sky can be beautiful.

Kerin said...

A very pretty sky.

Enjoy your evening.

~Smiles :)

~K.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That sky looks very dark.

Joyful said...

Those dark clouds look very welcome to me, lol. We haven't had rain in so long. Glad you had a nice and productive day.

Adam said...

Nice proverb

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Like the proverb.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, love the dramatic sky and the proverb. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like that sky shot!

All the best Jan