Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, July 20, 2018

One more sunny summer day

I'm 5' 5'' tall and this Queen Anne's lace is a few inches taller than I am.
I don't think I've ever seen it so tall.
56 degrees this morning, the sun was shining and there was a bit
of a wind at 6:30 when I left on my walk.
Paving still going on around town and today the street where
we live was ground down.  I guess it will get paved next week.

Walked through town and to the post office to mail off a Netflix.
Continued walking around town, around the ball park loop,
one of the cemeteries and up the hill to the school and back to town.
I've just passed the school and turned around right here before
taking a picture.  If I continued on down this road I would be walking the
Farm Loop. 
Passing by a deer she gave me a snort, stamped her foot and ran off.
A few bunnies hopping around the cemetery, 2 big ones and a tiny one.
A couple of blue birds were at the cemetery too.
Don't see them very often and always a treat when I do.

Morning walks are happy times.
Walked 6 miles
🚢🏼‍♀️     🚢🏼‍♀️     🚢🏼‍♀️
The lawn mower at church is broken and in the shop getting fixed so
Jerry who mows the lawn borrowed our lawn mower.
Ken brought it there yesterday on the trailer and this morning we
went to pick it up and brought it back home so I could mow our lawn
which I did this morning.

Ken went up to the new house after lunch and I stayed home
and made Macaroni Salad for tomorrow.  Going to a friends house 
to play shuffle board and we all are bring a covered dish.

Got some reading done this afternoon before supper.
Ken made us Nachos for supper. 
Isn't he nice.

Soon it will be ice cream time.
Life is Good

It's been a beautiful sunny summer day in the 70's.

Hope your day was sunny and bright.
happyone  πŸ’—

"Opportunities are like sunrises.
If you wait too long, you miss them."
~ William Arthur Ward

16 comments:

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

Not sunny, it very hot and humid. Nachos followed by ice cream, sounds wonderful xx

Turn The Page said...

Loving every bit of these 50 degree nights. ..windows open and all!!! And now I want ice cream!!! Yes indeed, Amen...LIFE IS GOOD!

Adam said...

I remember Netflix by mail was much faster than it is now. The only good thing is that I have less time for movies.

Tom said...

...my mower is in the shop now too, but it doesn't matter. It's so dry right now that there's isn't much to cut.

Carol W. said...

I love reading about your morning walks and seeing your beautiful photos! It's way too hot in Phoenix to walk at any time of day or night -- the mornings start out in the mid 80's and the nights are in the mid 90's. Today it's 108; next week it'll be 112 to 118!@ Yuck! Enjoy your beautiful cooler walks! God bless you both!

Connie said...

Nachos and ice cream . . . if I walked 6 miles a day I could eat that, too. You deserve it :) I love Queen lace.

Sandi said...

It's nice to see peaceful scenes!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I always enjoy your pictures and words. It feels like I am walking along with you and chatting.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

The bunnies around here think my potted planters are a salad bar. I hope the ones around you are better at leaving your plants alone.

Granny Marigold said...

Your Queen Anne's Lace looks like it's on steroids. Funny how all of a sudden one plant will grow extra tall.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I like the Queen Anne's lace and your pretty view. The Bluebirds are a treat to see. Nachos and ice cream sound yummy. Have a happy day and weekend!

Dianna said...

Sounds like a wonderful day...especially when Ken made supper! ;)

Lisa said...

I remember gathering up queen annes lace as a kid. I would give them to mom. SHe would rinse them off and put them in a vase of water with food coloring and the the next morning the flower would be whatever color she put in there. It was alway so cool to me.
Lisa

Happy@Home said...

That is tall Queen Anne's Lace. Wow! I just love your 2nd picture. It looks so peaceful and I imagine the air would smell so fresh too.
I like that idea of Ken making supper. Bet it was yummy!

Lowcarb team member said...

It does sound as if your day has been very good.
So nice of Ken to make Nachos for supper.

All the best Jan

Sue said...

I grew Queen's Lace one summer, it was so pretty, and don't know why I haven't tried it since, I think I might try next year, it is so pretty in flower arrangements.
Always enjoy your photos.
Blessings,
Sue