Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, July 19, 2018

Latest house pictures

Nice walking weather this morning.
49 degrees and sunny with a few low hanging clouds around at first
but they were soon gone and it was a beautiful sunny day.
A paving crew around town the last couple of days.
The road up to the cemetery at the top of the hill was crumbly with some 
pretty big ruts in it. Look at it now.
A few other roads in town are being done also.

Walked all over town and around both cemeteries and the ball park loop.
Didn't see any people out walking but did see the usual bunnies
and a few deer.

Walked 6 miles
Found a penny ๐Ÿ’ฐ
๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿผ‍♀️     ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿผ‍♀️     ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿผ‍♀️
Left the house at 9:00 to go to church for Blankets for Babies.
Don't have to eat breakfast because one of the woman brings breakfast.
Today Donna brought a variety of bagels and butter and cream cheese.
I had a French toast bagel which I never even heard of before.
It was very good and really did taste like French toast.
I just put butter on mine, but syrup would have gone great on it.
It was Pam's turn for the devotional and she told us her testimony.

There 11 of us there today.

In the afternoon Ken and I went up to the new house to see the latest work.
Driving through town the Rolling Pin Bakery had a new banner blowing
in the wind which said 'Ice Cream.'
Of course we had to stop and check it out.
It was soft serve and pretty good.  
We both got small chocolate cones and sat out front on a bench and ate it.

Then we continued on our way to the new house.
Here are the latest pictures.
 The back  
White door is to the garage and will be painted red.

Detail over the kitchen box window.

The front
Door is to the walk out basement.
Cinder block will eventually have stone on it.

Left the house and stopped by G & W, the lumber yard in town,
and picked out materials and colors for the front porch.
They should be delivered in a couple of days.

Even though I had an ice cream cone this afternoon,
I'm still having my ice cream later while.  ๐Ÿ˜Š

A happy day to you.
happpyone ❣️

"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard."
~ Carol Sobieski and Thomas Meehan, Annie

18 comments:

Tom said...

...the color combination is handsome! ๐Ÿ˜€

Joyful said...

Ice cream is a fav of mine too. I even eat it in winter but enjoy it on a hot summer day. The house is looking great.

Dianna said...

So exciting about the house being this close to move-in. Love the colors you've chosen for the outside.

Carol W. said...

Your new house is coming along nicely! I like that it's all on one floor. Stairs and second floors are not as friendly as we get older. A bakery with ice cream -- my kind of place! :-)

Granny Marigold said...

I didn't realize the ground sloped down like that. How nice to have a walk-out basement.

Adam said...

The house is looking really good

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love all the little detail you are adding to the house. The colors are wonderful as well.

Vee said...

Oh everything looks so good! I am in love with that box window. I only have seen one in an old magazine I featured on the blog. It was in an old New England cape. Happy finishing touches! (Hope that David had a very nice birthday!)

Lisa said...

Vee took the words right out of my fingers. I love the box window too!
I love the color choices and the stone siding will be so pretty!
Lisa

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Your new house looks wonderful. Well done and congratulations.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, pretty house. I love the red trim! Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

Angie said...

The house is coming along so nicely - I like your choice of colors - very sharp looking and yet inviting. And now I have a hankering for ice cream - I would go for vanilla rather than chocolate - and it would have sprinkles on!

Inger said...

I love the colors on your new house. Great choices! I also love the 49 degrees in the morning. I always brag about out cool summer nights here, but not right now. It's high 60s and as soon as the sun clears the mountain ridges, it gets HOT!

Debby Ray said...

what a great job you have done picking out all the detailing. The rock on the back with look so nice!

Retired Knitter said...

Love the pictures of your house. How wonderful it must be to do the whole house from design to finish.

Lowcarb team member said...

I think your new house is looking good - you have done so well.

All the best Jan

M.K. said...

Wow! The house is coming along so beautifully and looks great! I know you must be thrilled. The colors are very pretty.

Breathing In Grace said...

Your new home is absolutely gorgeous! I love the color scheme....red trim is on our home, too! And, that driveway with all the stone...LOVE!!!