Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, July 14, 2018

Footer

The morning sky from my driveway as I start my walk.
60 degrees with a mix of sun and clouds with just a hint of a breeze.

Walked the roads behind my house, through town and down the main
road, both cemeteries and the ball park loop.

Lots of activity around town this morning.
The annual town yard sales were today.
For those of you who like yard sales you would have liked it here.
I saw 14 different yard sales getting set up.
I passed by all and didn't even look at anything, 
though I did say good morning to all the people.  

The house in town that is being torn down is still being worked on.
Today I saw three people working.
This is the progress.

Didn't look at my pedometer and when I got home realized I only
walked 5.5 miles.  I made up for it at Happy Trails later though.
🦋     🦋     🦋
I made French toast for breakfast and soon after we were
on our way to Happy Trails and the new house.

We did concrete work this morning.
We put the footer in for the front porch steps.
Mixed 12, 60 pound bags of concrete with water in our cement mixer.
After lunch I did the grading underneath the porch with a rake and hoe.
Ken did more work on the driveway. 
I'll take pictures once it is done.

When I got tired of working I sat on the porch and read.
Did a little more work later on helping Ken with moving stones.

 Home for supper at 5:00.
When we make pizza, we make two at a time.
Eat one and freeze the other.
So we got to eat home made pizza without having to make it.
 
Thanks for the septic TP comments.
I've looked on line too, and it seems to be that Scott TP is the one
that dissolves the quickest and is the one most recommended.
 
Hope you had a good day and that you smiled often.
Life is Good
happyone  💕
 
We can only appreciate the miracle of a sunrise
if we have waited in the darkness. 
~ Unknown

14 comments:

Dianna said...

They are making good progress on tearing down the building in your town. Isn't it nice to be able to take something homemade out of the freezer for supper?

Tom said...

...the house in town that is being torn down, are they savaging them materials?

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Beautiful photo of the sky. Wishing you well, Happyone.

God bless.

Granny Marigold said...

That's a lot of concrete to mix up. You work hard. I'm glad you sat and read on the porch when you got tired.

Silver in AZ said...

very pretty sunrise (photo)!!

Geraldine said...

Your morning sky photo is just beautiful!😂

Over 5 miles for a walk, that is terrific. I usually aim for about 3 miles and I thought I was doing good, lol.

Hope you have a great week!🌼

eileeninmd said...

Hello, beautiful sunrise. Homemade pizza sounds yummy! Happy Sunday, have a great day and new week ahead!

happyone said...

I think some of it because they are putting some of the wood and things in different piles.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You're getting a lot done on the house. I know you are anxious for it to be complete. We made 2 pizzas this week too and froze one! Sure is nice to have for later on! Hugs!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Well my friend, you have amazing will power! :) I would not have been able to just walk by. We have had such hot weather here lately, but yesterday it cooled a bit and we got a sprinkle or two. Not much, but we'll take it! Our oldest daughter is building a new home and they did concrete work yesterday as well. They are now ready to start framing. Hope you have a wonderful week!
hugs,
Jann

Ruta M. said...

Lovely sunrise picture. I wish that I could get back to waking earlier, maybe one day. It's interesting to see the house being taken apart. Here in the UK it would be very unusual to have a house only made from timber framing. Most houses are made of concrete blocks, bricks in older properties or even stone like our farmhouse. There is also of course the old Devon way of building houses from cob- clayey mud mixed with straw and faced with a lime render.

Inger said...

The house is coming together so well. And the sunrise picture is glorious.

Lisa said...

Looks like they are trying to salvage as much as they can of the old house being torn down.
French toast sounds perfect! Oh my!
Lisa

happyone said...

I guess houses are built with what is readily available in the area. Most houses here are wood. I am surprised though that there are not more houses of stone in my area because there sure are a LOT of them. : )