Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, July 13, 2018

Unused porch

A mix of sun and clouds this morning with a gentle breeze and 56 degrees.
Stayed around town this morning on my walk going up and down
all the streets, the cemeteries and the ball park loop.

Bill was out walking around the ball park loop.
Lisa was out running and we stopped and chatted for a bit.

The Star horses were out in the pasture.
Mama Star and Little Star I saw first.
Papa Star came along too and Little Star walked over by me.
She got close to the fence and smelled my hand and let me pet her.
Walked 6 miles
๐ŸŒค     ๐ŸŒค     ๐ŸŒค
Hung a load of wash outside on the line and did a couple of things around the
house.  Then I decided to go for a ride in my car and ended up going
to Whispering Pines to look around.  It is a nice ride there on back roads
passing some Amish farms.  Saw a couple Amish buggies on the way,
farmers out in the field and some kids playing in the yard.

At Whispering Pines I picked up a little cardinal to sit on my
window sill over the sink to go with blue jay and wren that sit there.

 One of our neighbors has a lovely porch but I've never
seen any one sitting on it.
The porch furniture comes out in the spring and gets covered in
plastic to protect it and there it sits waiting for someone to sit on it.

Late afternoon we drove down to LaVale.
The Lowe's down there is bigger than the one closer to us and
we picked out the bathroom towel racks and TP holder.
Which reminds me, this is the first house where we will have a septic tank.
 Heard stories about what kind of TP to use or not to use.
Any words on the subject from any one you that have septic tanks?

We also picked out the knobs and pulls for the kitchen cabinets and drawers.
Found nice little glass knobs that match the door knobs in the house.
The pulls are brushed metal.

While in LaVale we stopped at Wendy's and had baked potatoes for supper.

Home now for a nice quiet Friday evening.
Reading ๐Ÿ“•
Netflix ๐Ÿ“บ
Ice cream ๐Ÿจ

Hope your Friday was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone  ๐Ÿ’•

"There are always two people in every picture:
the photographer and the viewer."
~ Ansel Adams

12 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wonderful horses.

God bless.

Tom said...

...I love the family of horses!

Dianna said...

Sounds like a delightful day! Speaking of front porches...my brother and I sat out on his front porch this morning when I visited him. It was so nice...the humidity hadn't started to get bad yet and we really enjoyed our time swinging in the swing and enjoying our visit.

Adam said...

cute horses

Granny Marigold said...

Oh that Whispering Pines shop looks like a place I would love to browse in. I'm sure I'd find plenty of things I'd 'need'.

Joyful said...

I love the photos today. That sky photo is especially beautiful but the horses are so sweet. I laughed about your comment on your neighbours porch. It sounds like my patio. Every year I fix it up and then I don't sit out there much. This year I still have time to use it ;-) Have a lovely weekend.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I love the beautiful horses. We enjoy sitting on our deck. Pretty photos.
Enjoy your day and weekend!

Silver in AZ said...

you live in such glorious countryside. Nothing like that around here. You are very blessed. And I know nothing about septic tanks. Sorry.

Nellie said...

Love the horses! Have had septic tank for years! Currently using 100% recycled toilet paper; never had problems with Scott.

Happy@Home said...

Seems a shame not to take advantage of a pretty porch like that one. Our current house has a septic tank and we've never used any particular TP because of it. I have, however, been told not to use bleach in the toilets as it can mess with the bacteria levels in the system.

Pom Pom said...

I think you are supposed to use only white tp like Scott brand. We use it anyway even though we don't have a septic system. My parents had one and that's when I learned about the tp.

Debby Ray said...

Beautiful country scenes. I don't think I could resist the urge NOT to sit on this great porch...that's a head scratcher for sure. We have a septic tank and have lived here for over 25 years and have only had to pump it out once a few years back...no special TP...we don't like the real fluffy stuff. We have used many different kinds but have been using Charmin Essentials for years with no problem. The house I grew up in also had one and I don't remember ever using anything special. My mom usually used Charmin or White Cloud or whatever was on sale.