Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, April 12, 2018

Daffodils 😊

Look what I spotted on my walk this morning.  The first ones around here.
Looks like spring is finally getting here.  😊
The temperature when I left the house this morning at 6:45 was 44.
A cloudy morning and a couple of spritzing showers that didn't amount
to anything.  We did end up having another sunny day.

Walked up and down the main road in town, up Barn Sale and down
toward Happy Trails, back through town, around both cemeteries,
the ball park loop and through town again.

Walking up by one of the cemeteries I see that Farmer Marvin 
has started spreading the manure around in the field.
 It was pretty ripe walking past here,
but I'm getting used to the smell.  I'd better since our new house is right
next door to a farm. 

Walked 6.6 miles
πŸ’     πŸ’
Ken was already up at the new house this morning when I got back
from walking but he was home again by 11:00.
We left to have lunch with the Super Seniors church group.  
We met at a place called Melanie's which Ken and I had never been
to before.  It was a nice family restaurant and there were 18 of us there.
I had a blackened cod sandwich which was very good and only $3.50.
When we have lunch with this group it always takes a couple of hours.
Nice group of people and we never seem to run out of things to talk about.

When we got back home we took a look in the shed in the back yard.
We have been so nonchalant about getting ready to move and thought we'd
better start thinking about it.
Went through everything out in the shed and put it in piles to keep, sell,
or throw away.  The stuff to sell Ken will bring to the auction that he goes
to on Friday mornings.   So much better than having a yard sale.
No more yard sales for me, I really don't like having them.

So that's been my day.
 Life is Good
Count your blessings
happyone πŸ’•

"Prayer may not change things for you,
but it for sure changes you for things."
~ Samuel M Shoemaker

12 comments:

Tom said...

...what a happy sight, my daffs are up about 6 inches. Bring on spring.

Adam said...

I hate most yard sales, some of the junk some of these people sell is like what you'd find at Goodwill or worse

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

With you on hating to have garage sales, but I do like to go to them if I have the time. I'd rather donate my stuff to our local charity resale shop. They have raised over $3Million for local citizens and have a food bank attached to the resale shop.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The daffodils and green grass do look like spring.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love daffodils. Our neighbor has some that I can see from my front window. I may plant some by my tulips next year. I totally understand about moving - big, big job. Good luck. Hope it goes well. I used to have la yard sale every year, but no more. Too much work and stress. Your super seniors group really sounds like fun. Sounds like you had a very nice, productive day.

Aritha V. said...

Wow, large daffoduls! Love to see it.

“She turned to the sunlight
And shook her yellow head,
And whispered to her neighbor:
"Winter is dead.”

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Once again, you have been busy.

God bless you and yours.

Michelle said...

We have our Daffodils blooming. Though we are getting very cold, once again. I dislike attending or having a yard sale! Not my thing.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The Spring flowers are a welcome sight. I hope you've had a good walk this morning too! The sun is out and it's already in the 60s here...will be a warm one. Hugs, Diane

Lisa said...

Yaaay for the Daffodils!!! Spring is springing!
Lisa

Lowcarb team member said...

Always so nice to see daffodils, they are so cheerful looking ... it's the colour yellow of course!

All the best Jan

Vee said...

Progress already on moving. I don’t like yardsales either. In the end, I resorted to “a picker” at The Ponderosa. Love today’s quote!