Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Baby blanket finished

🌷     🌷
A cloudy morning and 32 degrees and very still, no wind at all.
Had my usual 6 mile walk.
Through town, up Barn Sale a ways, down toward Happy Trails,
around both cemeteries and the ball park loop.

As I walked up the hill to the cemetery a couple of geese were 
walking around in last years corn field.
Down by the  town pond there were a couple of killdeers. 
They have such a distinct call.

George was down by the garage in town and stopped to say hi.
Haven't seen him for quite a while.  Nice to catch up again.
 The sun never made it out while I was walking but it did come
out later in the day. 😊
🌷     🌷
After doing my every day chores around the house I was determined
to get the baby blanket finished.
So I spent the rest of the morning sitting on the floor sewing.
Wasn't quite done yet by lunchtime so I got back to it after lunch and in
another 1/2 hour I was finished.
That's about it for today.

Life is Good
Count your blessings
happyone 💕

"No one is a firmer believer in the power of prayer than the devil;
not that he practices it,
but he suffers from it."
~ Guy H King

16 comments:

Inger said...

You have a whole new look since I was here last. Which was a while ago. As always your walks inspire me to do better in that regard. Great pictures, particularly of the geese. And a pretty blanket.

Tom said...

...only 2 geese, I passed a field today that had to have hundreds eating a harvested corn field. Do you need a few more?

Sandi said...

Beautiful blanket and scenery.

Love the quote!

Dianna said...

Karen, your baby blanket is beautiful. I love the way the pattern worked itself out...makes it look a quilt design!

Vee said...

If I didn’t know better, I’d say that it was a November day from your picture. The baby blanket turned out very nice.

Adam said...

I didn't know killdeer was a bird

Deb J. in Utah said...

That is such a darling baby blanket. I remember the one you made for my daughter. So sweet. I always enjoy reading about what you are doing each day. Have a good one.

ellen b said...

Love that baby blanket! That first photo is so peaceful.

Kerri Farley said...

A Beautiful Blanket!

happyone said...

No, there are a lot around here too. Most of them were by the ponds. Just spotted these two off on their own.

happyone said...

They are really neat birds too. When they run along they remind me of road runners. : )

Lisa said...

Love the blanket. Your work is always lovely.
Lisa

Aritha V. said...

Super mooie deken, super nice blanket!

Ruth Hiebert said...

The baby blanket is so pretty.

Lowcarb team member said...

Your first photograph is so lovely.

The baby blanket looks good, I like the colours.

All the best Jan

Rose said...

I think this is my favorite baby blanket of the ones I have seen so far.