Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, March 03, 2018

Sunshine

 Didn't wake up this morning till 7:00 and it was 22 degrees and cloudy.
Ken was going out so I stayed around and had breakfast with him
and then left a few minutes after 8:00 for my morning walk.
By then it was a few degrees warmer but still a little cloudy. 
I could see some blue sky between the clouds and knew 
eventually it would be a nice sunny walk.
This is Barn Sale Road I'm walking up after going straight through town.
Some blue sky coming my way.
 Remember that snowy cold looking picture from yesterday?
Here is what the cemetery looks like today as I walked around it.
Walked around the other cemetery too and the ball park loop and
around town again.
A man was walking on the opposite side of the street from me when
he called over and said, "Good Morning."  Then he said." I'm the one
in the gray car that beeps at you every morning when I see
you on your morning stroll."
Nice to have a face to another one of the people I wave to in cars. 😊

Saw three Robins and a bunch of geese on the town pond.
Walked 6.4 miles
πŸ€     πŸ€
Did my morning chores and got back to reading and finished
The Run by Stuart Woods.
I'm surprised that I liked this book because it was about a man
running for president and one I wouldn't normally have picked to read.
But it was really good and page turner for me.

After lunch we went up to the new house.
This is the corner in the living room where the gas stove will be.
Ronnie got the walls ready so he can put up the stone.
Ken wasn't home for supper so I had one of my pancake suppers.
This time I added some chocolate chips in the batter
and topped it off with strawberries, syrup and a dollop of whipped cream.
It's like having dessert for supper.  😊
πŸ“
 Not sure if I like the new blog look.
I might be changing it again.

That's it for today.
 Life is Good
Count your blessings and have a happy day.
happyone πŸ’•

11 comments:

Dianna said...

Yay for the wall being ready to hook up the gas stove! Things are really falling into place.

I like the new blog look!

Praying...~smile~

xx

Ruth Hiebert said...

It's amazing how a little bit of blue sky can change the look of a picture.For what it's worth,I kind of like this new blog look, but you have to do what you like.

Tom said...

...sunshine makes a big difference.

Adam said...

Good thing the snow is melting

John's Island said...

Hi Happyone, I just went back and looked at all your posts since Feb 22. Lots of neat pictures. You just do a great job taking those pictures as you walk. Could not believe the guy left his car running and door open at the post office. Really like the new look of your blog. It has a neat rustic look. Love the photo you're using in the header. That country where you live is really beautiful and thank you for sharing it with us. Best regards from Seattle! John

ellen b said...

How nice to get the connection with the one who beeps at you! Beautiful skies today for your walk!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the photo...

bettyC said...

I like the wood sides

Back Porch Writer said...

It's so good that you walk. Here I'd be like "neh, it's too cold". I wanted blueberry pancakes yesterday at IHOP, but they wouldn't ever wait on us so we left. Disappointed too - in a big way. Funny about the guy saying "I'm the one that beeps at you." It's really nice that people are so nice. Down here in Nashville, it's recently been named the angriest city and I believe it. People would be trying to run over you instead of waving. Nice is no longer a trend here it seems and we are supposed to be the Volunteer state. We are not all bad though. lol Have a good Sunday.

Vee said...

With the stove in, the workers can have some heat, which will be most welcome. I like pancakes for supper, too, but haven’t had any in many months...perhaps to tonight!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wishing you a wonderful time Happyone.

God bless.