Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, March 04, 2018

My Father's World

Finally managed to get a picture of a Robin.
Not a great picture but the best I could do.
Also as I was walking down the driveway this morning there were
6 deer all in a row walking down the middle of the street
right in front of my house.
Too dark to take a picture.

The musical special at church this morning was Jennifer singing,

This is My Father's World
Maltbie D Babcock 1901

This is my Father’s world,
And to my list’ning ears
All nature sings, and round me rings
The music of the spheres.
This is my Father’s world:
I rest me in the thought
Of rocks and trees, of skies and seas—
His hand the wonders wrought. 

This is my Father’s world:
The birds their carols raise,
The morning light, the lily white,
Declare their Maker’s praise.
This is my Father’s world:
He shines in all that’s fair;
In the rustling grass I hear Him pass,
He speaks to me everywhere. 

This is my Father’s world:
Oh, let me ne’er forget
That though the wrong seems oft so strong,
God is the ruler yet.
This is my Father’s world,
The battle is not done:
Jesus who died shall be satisfied,
And earth and Heav’n be one.


A blessed Sunday to you.
Jesus Love You.
happyone  💕

8 comments:

Tom said...

...a lovely old hymn.

Connie said...

I do not ever remember hearing that hymn . . . lovely lyrics:)

Michelle said...

Wishing you a blessed week ahead.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Any picture of a Robin,especially in spring,is a good one.I love that old song,"This Is My Father's World".

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Really missing green around our area so thanks for sharing the green around yours!

Lisa said...

Beautiful song. I bet those deer gave a peaceful sense in the mist of the morning.
The Robins are fat this time of year. They are all looking for a nesting spot for spring.
Lisa

Dianna said...

I think it is so fun to see animals walking in a row like that. The other morning I glanced out the kitchen window and there were 12 Robins from the Maple tree by our deck down to the lower end of my flower garden...in a zigzag line. :)

That is a beautiful hymn.

ellen b said...

We sang that song recently in church, too. Love the chubby Robin.