Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, March 02, 2018

A winter walk

No sign of spring today, winter has come back.
22 degrees this morning and snowing, windy with some strong gusts.
Walked around town up and down all the streets.
Made my way around the ball park loop a few times and only walked
one of the cemeteries.  Didn't walk around the one on top of the hill
because being in the open thought it would be even more windy up there.
Sometimes the gusts would push me along and other times hold me back a step.

Just me and the snow plows out this morning.  
Schools must have been delayed because I didn't even see school buses.

Out there this morning in my extra warm jacket and snow sneakers with
my ice grippers on them.
A bit slower going in the snow and heavy shoes and 
just walked 5 miles.
🍀     🍀
We went out and did a couple of errands and then it was home the rest of the day.

Stopped doing Body Electric (light weights and stretching)
when I was sick last month and have been trying to get that started again.
Finally last night I started and today my muscles are a bit sore.
A good sore though, like I did good work.
So easy for me to get out there and walk BUT just don't enjoy
doing the exercises.

This afternoon worked on the latest weave-it baby blanket, the pink one.
Only have one more row to do, 7 squares.

Read quite a bit too.  Reading two good books at the same time,
so I read a couple of chapters in one and then read some of the other book.

Time now to think about making supper, so off I go.

Life is Good
Count your blessings and have a happy day.
happyone 💕

13 comments:

Dianna said...

Quite a difference in yesterday morning's walk and this morning's, yes? Oh my! We woke up to just a dusting of snow this morning, so you got a good bit more than we did. The wind was quite strong last night and the rain was really pounding at times.

Sandi said...

How long does it take you to walk 5 miles?

happyone said...

If I just walk it takes me about 15 or 16 minutes to walk a mile, but I stop to take pictures and sometimes talk to people.
My usual 6 mile morning walk takes on average 1 hour and 40 minutes.

Tom said...

...looks like tuff going.

ellen b said...

You have your walking pace down well. This time between winter and spring is so fickle! Have a good weekend.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Looks rather wintery. We are waiting for a snow storm to happen sometime in the next day or two.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Just when we thought you were done with all that snow! It sure looks different than when the sun was out and grass was coming in.

Adam said...

I'm not surprised to see so much snow, it recently got colder again

Christine said...

Good for you being able to multi task and read two books at once!!

Back Porch Writer said...

We've had a few good springy days here in middle TN but mainly we have had rain, rain, rain. Lots of flooding in surrounding counties. I think we are in or near 60's today. Lots of sun. The snow in your pics looks so cold! We don't get much of that here but have certainly had a cold winter. Was fun to see your blog today! I love the blue!

Vee said...

That storm system slipped off south of us. I was glad...getting very tuckered by cleaning up after storms. May your spring return very soon!

MZ said...

You left a comment on my Life is Good blog. I think we are blog sisters! I looked at some of the things you wrote. I also try to walk six miles every morning. Right now we are having too much winter to get out. I am going to follow your blog if that is ok. I have been a bit slow in blogging but going to catch up tonight.Thanks for leaving a comment.

happyone said...

Happy to hear you will be following my blog.
I'll do the same to yours.