Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, March 05, 2018

Day 3 of sunshine

Only 18 degrees this morning but there was no wind
and the sun came up over the mountain.
Walked through town and up Barn Sale Road and walked to the
end of the road this time.
The cows were out this morning along Barn Sale and I stopped to
say hi to them.  They looked up
 and one came closer to the fence to see me.
They all walked a long the fence following me as I walked down the road.
Walked down toward Happy Trails a ways before turning around
and walking back to town.
Then around both of the cemeteries.
 I spotted this Red Winged Black Bird.
 Then he flew up to the top of this very tall shrub.
Continued on walking through town and then home.
Walked 6 miles
Found a penny
By the time I was back home it had warmed up to 24 degrees.
๐Ÿ€     ๐Ÿ€
Washed the sheets and since it was sunny and the
temperatures got into the high 30's I hung them outside on the line.
Ken has been up at the house site working on the rock wall by the driveway.

Gave my hutch a good dusting and while I was at it changed the
look of it around again.
Finished the latest babies blanket.
 The next blanket will be all different colors placed randomly.
Have lots of bits of colors left over from other blankets.

When Ken gets home, planning on going to eat supper at Brenda's again.
Hard to pass up half price pizza night.

What a treat it is to have 3 days in a row of blue skies and sunshine.
Life is Good
Count your blessings and have a happy day.
happyone  ๐Ÿ’•

12 comments:

Christine said...

Blue skies are such a blessing & I appreciate them more & more!
Sweet pink blanket finish!
Wishing you a blessed week ahead!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Most certainly, the cows were happy to see you! Love that pretty bird, and sunshine just makes me ever so happy!! Love the fun treasures you've used in your hutch. It certainly would brighten a cold winters day!
hugs,
Jann

ellen b said...

Yippee for sunshine and blue skies even if it's real cold. Fun critters on your walk today. I like your hutch and the assortment of things displayed. Enjoy half price pizza.

Michelle said...

Nothing like hanging clothes/sheets on the line. I love it! Nice to see you do it too.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The sun on the distant hills in the first pictures so pretty.

Lisa said...

I like those colorful dishes and you did a good job on the baby blanket.
Lisa

Tom said...

...you're on a roll.

Dianna said...

Your Fiestaware is just lovely, Karen. I like how you have it displayed. Loved seeing your sheets out on the line and this sunshine has been just gorgeous! Glad you had such a wonderful walk this morning.

Adam said...

I still think it's funny when you mention how "warm" it is up there in the "north pole" of your state

R's Rue said...

Love.

happyone said...

I don't even own a dryer so if it is a nice day the clothes out there. Nothing like the smell of line dried clothes. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Victor S E Moubarak said...

The white cow blinked just as you took the photo.

God bless.