Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, March 06, 2018

Sunrise

Walked out the back door this morning for my morning walk, around 
to the front of the house and this is what greeted me.
Happened to turn around and looked at my house and the sunrise
was reflected in the picture window.
The color only lasted a couple of minutes and then it was cloudy.
29 degrees and just a little bit of a breeze.

I usually turn left from my driveway and walk through town,
but today I turned right and went out to the main road and walked
down that way for a little over a mile.
Turned around up there at the curve because I don't like walking on the curve.
Walked back to and through town down towards Happy Trails,
around one of the cemeteries two times,
passed the library and on home.

I see lots of robins every day now.
And I mean a lot.
They must all meet here before going on to other places.

Saw Lisa out running and a man walking who I've never seen before.

Walked my usual 6 miles
๐Ÿ€     ๐Ÿ€
Put pork chops in the slow cooker first thing when I got back home.
Nice to have supper pretty much taken care of.

Got more laundry done, but today it got hung inside.
The blue sky and sunshine has made a retreat.
Had a bit of misty rain in the afternoon .

Ken up at the house site again, still working on his rock wall.

I started reading the next book in the Mitford series,
In This Mountain by Jan Karon.
I've liked all these books and I'm sure this will be another good one.
Liking it so far.

These two shelves are from a set of five that my step-dad made
years ago and I've just had for the last year or so.
I've had various things on them and today I put my
bottle collection on them.
We ended up NOT eating the pork chops for supper after all.
Decided we would rather have spaghetti. Saving the pork chops for tomorrow.

This evening brings reading, making some weave-it squares,
watching Netflix, and having my little bowl of ice cream.
On Netflix lately we've been watching Sarah Beeny's Selling Houses
and we have just two more episodes of Father Brown to watch.

Life is Good
Count your blessings and have a happy day.
happyone ๐Ÿ’•

10 comments:

Christine said...

Another stunning sunrise!
I love those blue bottles - a neat collection!

Tom said...

...we need to enjoy life, it changes quickly.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Today's sunrise was beautiful from so many different places.Isn't is cool how wa all see the same sunrise.It's one big world and we get to share the beauty.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What gorgeous colors you saw! It really is a blessing to be able to get out and walk. I walked the Florida trails today and enjoyed it...80 degrees when I finished at 2 pm. Your ice cream sounds good! Save some for me! Hugs!

ellen b. said...

We've been enjoying Sarah Beeny's selling houses, too. Beautiful sunrise that greeted you this morning.

Dianna said...

What a gorgeous sunrise the Lord had waiting for you when you went around to the front of house this morning, Karen! I always enjoy reading Jan Karon's books. They've all been so good.

Vee said...

I had spaghetti and meatballs yesterday. Today, I am thawing a pork chop for supper tomorrow. We are leading parallel lives. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I saw an exquisite sunset last night very similar to the sunrise here that you’ve shared. It was unbelievable how short-lived it was...perhaps 45 seconds. I was driving...no hope of capturing it.

That rock wall Ken’s building is going to be a work of art!

Vee said...

Oops, meant to say that those shelves are so nice. The bottles look great on them.

Lisa said...

I have some small vintage medicine bottles. I saw in small bottle tree in an antuique shop the other day I wanted so I could add them to it. Ive been trying to figure out a way to make my own. Love you collection.
Lisa

Adam said...

Pretty sunrise