Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Foggy Walk

πŸ„     πŸ„
This morning it was 58 degrees and when I first starting walking it was foggy.
Just turning off the main road to walk the Farm Loop here.
Another foggy picture along the FL.
Look what I had following me for a ways this morning.
Who has chickens following them?!!  😊
Chickens usually run away from me when I walk along.
There were a dozen or so of them wandering around a yard looking quite lost
and when I talked to them these three started following me down the road.
Once back to town I walked around one of the cemeteries.  Kathy came along
and I walked around it with her too.
Then back home and by that time the fog was gone and the sun was shining.

Walked 6.1 miles
πŸ“     πŸ“
I've been home today getting some work done.
Nice sunny day so it was a good day to do laundry.

Read some of the Jan Karon book and liked it right away.

Walked over to the library at 4:45 for coloring day.
While there I looked on the shelf for the first book of the Mitford series,
At Home in Mitford and sure enough it was there so checked it out.

Ken picked me up at 6:20 and we headed off to church.

Finally the cosmos that I planted from seeds out front has started to bloom.
It's been another nice summer day and I'm happy to be here.
A happy day to you.
happyone  πŸ’—

"Memory is a child walking along a seashore.
You never can tell what small pebble it will pick up
and store among its treasured things."
~ Pierce Harris

14 comments:

Rose said...

Nice, mysterious foggy pics! I didn't realize you were going to start the Mitford series right away, so got a quick answer to my wonderings.

Dianna said...

I love foggy mornings...especially if I am walking and not driving. :) I love foggy evenings too, as it settles over a meadow especially. :)

Hope you found my last email. It was a bit of an update on my mom.

The Furry Gnome said...

Looks like one of those foggy early fall days.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I've said it before but I will say it again,I love those foggy photos. I never like driving in fog, but it sure makes a beautiful scene.

Karen said...

Everybody and everything wants to walk with you! :) Yay for the Mitford books! I love them so much. There are very few books that I will read more than once, but I have the series and read them every few years and they still make me smile.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

I've got some of the Mitford books, but haven't started them yet because I decided to do them in order and I need the first one. Will be watching to see how they go for you. Loved your chicken story about them following you.

Christine said...

I love the shot of the bales in the foggy field!
So sweet to see the chickens walking with you!

Tom said...

...beautiful sights, we are entering the time of year of foggy mornings.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, pretty foggy scenes and a lovely bloom. we had a foggy morning yesterday too. I like the cute chickens, they would be nice company for the walk. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day and weekend ahead!

Sandi said...

A lovely foggy walk.

"I'm happy to be here."

It is a good place to be!

Happy@Home said...

Those chickens know a happy, friendly lady when they see one.
I felt quite sure that you would like the Mitford books and now, just think, you can read several more.
Your cosmos flower with the bee is so pretty.

Vee said...

I envy you the joy of having Mitford and all the wonderful characters and stories stretching before you. There are two that I reread yearly. If I were a lost chicken, I'd follow you!

Prunella Pepperpot said...

What a beautiful pink flower!!
Have a wonderful weekend :)

Lowcarb team member said...

They are pretty foggy scenes ...

All the best Jan