Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Tuesday

🌺     🌺
A cloudy walk this morning and 64 degrees.
A random walk around town for me today.
Walking around the ball park loop was a woman who I've never seen before.
She was looking the other way when I came upon her and when I 
said good morning, I started her, then we laughed.
The two young women were out again too and I saw Kathy 
but we didn't walk together today.  Just passed and said Good Morning.

A couple of pretty pink blooms along the way.
 Walked 6 miles
🌺     🌺
Got a bit of cleaning done this morning.
Then went outside and dug up some of my cone flowers and put them
in two pots to give them to a couple of friends who asked if they could
have some.  Were met them bowling today so gave them the flowers then.

Before bowling we went to Walmart and got the non perishable items on our list.
We had some time to spare before bowling so we stopped at the library
in Oakland.  I ended up checking out 3 books.
One of the books is the second one in the Mitford series by Jan Karon.
I got the second one because the first was already checked out.
Have heard others say how much they enjoy the series so decided to
give it a try.
Only bowled two games today, my scores 132 and 133.

 That's it for today, its late and I'm off to bed now.

A happy day to you.
happyone  💗

Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love,
the things you are,
the things you never want to lose.
~ From the television show The Wonder Years

13 comments:

Adam said...

pretty flowers

Prunella Pepperpot said...

Love the colourful bird house! Lucky friends having some of your lovely cone flowers. Have a great day :)

Christine said...

I'm sure the birds will be drawn to the colourful birdhouse!

Tom said...

...what a lovely colorful home!

bettyC said...

I love Father Tim. I own the first Mitford CD. Thanks for reminding me. I'll start listening again today.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I like the cute colorful bird house. Your flowers are lovely, our butterfly bushes are growing great and we see lots of butterflies in the yard. Happy Wednesday, enjoy your day!

Happy@Home said...

My mom introduced me to the Mitford series years ago. I instantly loved them. I have kept my collection, but often see them for sale at thrift shops.

Connie said...

Sweet post & pretty flowers :)

Sandi said...

Beautiful, happyone!

Love the quote at the end.

Thanks for your powerful comment on my blog!

Pom Pom said...

I've been loving pink flowers these days! You photos are lovely!
I loved Mitford. It's a delightful place to read about.

ellen b said...

I've read all the Mitford series and enjoyed them a lot! Happy day to you.

Rose said...

Love that birdhouse...I told Roger we should build some. The pink flowers are pretty...

I have read the Mitford Series and liked it. It has been quite a while ago. Have you ever read any of Fannie Flagg's books? I have not read all of them...A Red Bird Christmas was my first and I liked it enough to read some of the others. I should be reading the rest.

Lowcarb team member said...

Fabulous pink blooms, my favourite colour!

All the best Jan