Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, October 04, 2026

Sunday

 

Proverbs 13:7
 There is that maketh himself rich,
yet hath nothing: 
there is that maketh himself poor, 
yet hath great riches.

I read a little devotional each day called the Baptist Bread.
 Read this little story in it this week.

True Riches
A rich landowner rode around his vast estate 
congratulating himself on his great wealth. 
He saw an old tenant farmer, sitting under a tree.
He asked what he was doing.
He replied, I was thanking God for my food.

If that's all I had to eat, I wouldn't feel like giving thanks, 
replied the rich man.

The old farmer responded:
God has given me everything I need
and I am thankful for it.
The farmer added,
It is strange you should come by today because I had a dream last night.
In my dream the richest man in the valley died tonight.
 I thought I ought to tell you.

Dreams are nonsense the rich man said and left.
But he could not forget the words:
The richest man in the valley died tonight.

He knew he was the richest man in the valley 
so he invited his doctor to his house that evening.
After a thorough examination, the doctor told the wealthy landowner,
There is no way you are going to die tonight.

Nevertheless, for assurance, the doctor stayed the night.
The physician left the next morning, 
and the man apologized for becoming so upset over the poor man's dream.

In the morning, a messenger arrived at the rich man's door.
What is it?  he demanded.
The messenger said,
It's about the old farmer.
He died last night in his sleep.

Who possessed the true riches?

A blessed Sunday to you.
HappyK 🙂❤️

No comments: