Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, October 05, 2026

Sheets

 A cloudy morning today and 50 degrees for walking.
There was a little breeze too.


Enjoyed my usual walk all over town, including all
4 of the loops.
A couple of big trucks and an excavator was just getting
to the new road loop as I was leaving there.
Makes me wonder if a lot has been sold and they will
be getting the lot ready for building.

Over at the ball park loop in the stream I saw a heron.
He flew away as soon as he saw me and
I didn't have enough time to take a picture.

No one else out walking that I saw.

☁️    ๐Ÿ™‚    ๐Ÿ

On my way back home I drove past my street to home
and went up the road a few more miles and dropped the
Jeep off at Art Butler's garage to get the oil changed
and the tires rotated.
Ken was there in the truck and drove me back home.

The clouds gave way to a nice sunny day though a bit windy.
A typical Fall day with that crisp fresh air.
๐ŸŒค️
Nice day for getting the sheets out on the line to dry.
Did another load of clothes also.
I always take the sheets off the bed, wash and dry them,
 and put them right back on the bed.
My mom used to take the sheets off the bed and put
clean ones on from the closet.
Then wash them another day.
I like my way better because you get that fresh smell
and don't have to fold sheets!!
๐Ÿงบ
Did some knitting this afternoon.
Working on the throw blanket for Ken.
๐Ÿงถ
Then we went to pick up the Jeep.
๐Ÿš˜
Easy supper tonight.
Some more of the Salsa Beef Stew I made last week.
I had put some in the freezer.

Hope your Monday was sunny and bright.
Thanks so much for stopping by.
HappyK๐Ÿ™‚❤️

Comment Replies:
Ginny - The Baptist Bread is a small 4 x 5 booklet that is published bi-monthly and I get them from my church.  They hand them out to whoever wants one.  Tom Green is the editor.  If you have a baptist church around by you I'm sure they would give you one if you asked.  I know my church would! 

3 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

The smell of line dried washing is wonderful .
Our day started misty but it soon disappeared and the sun has been shining nicely.

All the best Jan

Tom said...

We also had a wonderful hanging. out the sheets day here!

Ginny Hartzler said...

This way of washing the sheets is a really good idea. Thanks for your answer!