Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, September 05, 2026

Saturday

 A cloudy morning for walking.
68 degrees and no wind.

Walked all around town first and then the usual loops I go around.


I was walking down the road when I heard a beep, beep, beep.
It was our church van passing through town.
A couple from church was taking a group of teens down
state for a teen rally.

I got a kick out of the cow in the distance standing on the hill.


Farmer Marvin stopped to say hi and I asked him about
the calf who had the patch over it's eye.
It has pink eye, a bacterial infection.
The patch is to keep the sunlight out and flies from
getting in their eyes and passing it on to other cows.

KitKat was taking a rest and stayed there as I walked by.
He didn't even look at me today.



๐Ÿ˜Š    ☁️    ๐Ÿ„    ๐Ÿงข

Went to the library for a morning of stitching with the ladies.
5 of us there this time.
I started knitting a simple fun fluffy scarf.
Just a knit stitch with no counting so I could knit and talk.
This is how much I got done.


Just puttered about the house this afternoon.

Hope you had a great Saturday.
Thanks for coming by.
HappyK ๐Ÿ™‚
TotalDaySteps 15,558

14 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

The scarf is so pretty! That cow on the hill almost looks like a statue.

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Hi Karen, the scarf is really lovely. ๐Ÿ˜
Your photos are beautiful, the cow and Kitkat are a delight to see. You had wonderful weather for your walk.

Lowcarb team member said...

I like the look of the scarf you are knitting.

All the best Jan

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Hi Karen, poor little calf with the pink eye infection. ๐Ÿ‘ I have had 3 bouts of uveitis and it is very painful. Any light makes your eye feel like a stab in your eye.
I hope the sweet calf heals ๐Ÿ’•

Tom said...

...I hope that the cow enjoyed the view!

Mari said...

Love that photo of the cow on the hill. :)
Pink eye is no fun - I've had it myself.
The scarf is so pretty!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I'm glad I can comment today. I love that scarf. I really want to learn to knit! Glad you had a good Saturday. I have really enjoyed your photos in the past couple of posts. I didn't know a cow could get pink eye! Have a good Sabbath. See you again soon!

Ann said...

That cow looks like it's king of the hill. Poor calf with pink eye. I remember my daughter getting it when she was little. Not fun. The scarf is really pretty.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The cow is king of the hill. Kit Kat is a cutie. Your scarf is looking pretty.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

ellen b. said...

Ha! That cow on the hill is great. The fluffy scarf will be a fun one.
Happy Sunday to you!

๐ŸŒบ Debby/From My Shasta Home said...

I love that amusing picture of the cow standing on the hill.

Michelle said...

The cow is fun to see and your scarf is pretty.

Granny Marigold said...

How sensible to put a patch over the calf's affected eye to prevent the pink eye from spreading. You got a great shot of the lone cow on a hill!!

Prims By The Water said...

Even the clouds look pretty when you take them. Great idea for the calf too. Janice