Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, September 04, 2026

Reading

We had some pretty violent thunderstorms come
by during the night.
The thunder kept rumbling on for such a long time.
A little rain still falling as I started walking this morning
so my umbrella came in handy again.
After 20 minutes or so the rain stopped and the rest of my 
walk was mostly sunny with a few clouds.
The temperature was 65 degrees.


Had my usual walk all over town, around both cemeteries, the ball park,
and the new road loop.


The picture doesn't do this justice.
It was breathtaking.
  

I saw RuthAnne out walking her dogs.

🙂    ☔️   🌤️

Did a few things around the house but spent
a good part of the day reading.
Kept on reading till I finished my book.
The Castle in the Glen by Rhys Bowen.
I thought it was a great book!!!
A book within a book.

This week for super we are having another Margarita pizza 
like we did last week.
Still have lots of tomatoes from our tiny little garden.

Just a note - I've been reading blogs but unable to comment.🙁
Think many of you are having the same problem.

Hope your day was a good one.
Thank you for coming by.
HappyK🙂
TotalDaySteps 15,601

11 comments:

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Hi Karen, your photos are beautiful. Tomatoes are so good! Yes, comments on Blogger was quite a huge thing! I made a special post about this and it seems there are a huge amount of people who had the same issue. Thankfully you should be able to comment now, though...I can. Thanks to a few of my fellow bloggers, who let me know they were now able to comment.

Ann said...

I wasn't able to comment at all yesterday but looks like things are working again today.
That picture with the sun shining through the tree is gorgeous.

Tom said...

...the last one looks mighty good to me.

NanaDiana said...

OMGOSH-I just lost my comment. Hate when that happens. There is nothing like tomatoes grown outside in the sun and wind and rain. They taste completely different than those grown in a greenhouse. Glad we can comment now.

I reposted my blog because it is a 'pick your favorite' and I knew people couldn't comment yesterday. Crazy- I have a love/hate relationship with blogger. lol

Debbie said...

gorgeous images today, really special!! it's really nice when you find a book that you love that much!! margarita pizza is the best. i have been having "comment" problems too, i gave up yesterday!!

ellen b. said...

That photo is amazing with the sun beams streaming. Yes, Blogger had an issue yesterday. I could comment on any blogs that weren't blogger. Glad they fixed the glitch.

Prims By The Water said...

Finally able to comment on my blogs today. Blogger has been a pain lately. That one photo is spectacular and wish I could have seen it in person. We had violent storms this week with several tornadoes. Scary weather for sure. Janice

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
It is nice to be able to comment again. I love your first and last photos. Beautiful. Have a great weekend.

Ginny Hartzler said...

OH, your first photo! I would have just sat there and stared at it until it was gone. I had to look up the difference v=between a regular pizza and a Margherita one. Found out they are not flavored like a margarita!

Granny Marigold said...

I'm relieved that it was Blogger that wasn't working yesterday and not my computer.
Enjoyed your pictures ( like I usually do!!).

Lowcarb team member said...

That third photograph is BEAUTIFUL.

Yes, the commenting problems that many of us experienced with blogger recently seem to have been fixed. It's great to be in contact again :)

All the best Jan