Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, September 05, 2026

Saturday

 A cloudy morning for walking.
68 degrees and no wind.

Walked all around town first and then the usual loops I go around.


I was walking down the road when I heard a beep, beep, beep.
It was our church van passing through town.
A couple from church was taking a group of teens down
state for a teen rally.

I got a kick out of the cow in the distance standing on the hill.


Farmer Marvin stopped to say hi and I asked him about
the calf who had the patch over it's eye.
It has pink eye, a bacterial infection.
The patch is to keep the sunlight out and flies from
getting in their eyes and passing it on to other cows.

KitKat was taking a rest and stayed there as I walked by.
He didn't even look at me today.



๐Ÿ˜Š    ☁️    ๐Ÿ„    ๐Ÿงข

Went to the library for a morning of stitching with the ladies.
5 of us there this time.
I started knitting a simple fun fluffy scarf.
Just a knit stitch with no counting so I could knit and talk.
This is how much I got done.


Just puttered about the house this afternoon.

Hope you had a great Saturday.
Thanks for coming by.
HappyK ๐Ÿ™‚

3 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

The scarf is so pretty! That cow on the hill almost looks like a statue.

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Hi Karen, the scarf is really lovely. ๐Ÿ˜
Your photos are beautiful, the cow and Kitkat are a delight to see. You had wonderful weather for your walk.

Lowcarb team member said...

I like the look of the scarf you are knitting.

All the best Jan