Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, July 31, 2026

Last Photo-a-day Challenge

Photo-a-day Challenge with ChrissyT
Day 31 
and the last one.
Choose Your Own Theme

This picture is hanging above the mantel in my house.
Mantel ? or Mantle ?
Thought you might be interested in the spelling.
Mantel: The architectural shelf, ledge, or decorative frame surrounding and sitting above a fireplace.
Mantle: A loose cloak or cape, a figurative responsibility (like "taking on the mantle"), or the layer of earth beneath the crust. 
It was given to us by Ken's sister when we bought our first
house in 1980.
It has hung in every house we have lived in since then.
I'd love to go walking in that picture.
I've stared at it many, many times.
So peaceful and calming.



This has been a fun theme and I've really enjoyed playing along.

๐Ÿ“ท    ๐Ÿ“ท    ๐Ÿ“ท

Another one of those beautiful mornings for walking
55 degrees, sunny, and a few low hanging clouds.

Walked around both cemeteries to start.


Looks like someone had fun mowing the grass and didn't
care about straight mowing lines.  ๐Ÿ˜Š


At the other cemetery the rabbit I see often finally
stood still long enough for me to get a picture.


Continued my walk going down the main road towards home
and then on the way back to town took a detour up Barn Sale Road.


Once back to town walked around a couple of blocks and
that gave me enough walk steps.

Sheila was out running and stopped for a little chat.

๐Ÿ˜Š    ๐Ÿฅพ    ๐Ÿงข    ☀️

Ken's had tried to get his chain saw fixed but couldn't
figure out the problem so last week he put it in the shop.
Keith got it working again and we went to pick it up this morning.
Also stopped in at the library and Ken got another book out.
Doesn't happen very often but I walked out of the library empty handed!!

I made German Red Cabbage this afternoon.
Can't even remember the last time I ate it.
Found the recipe on line and it turned out great just like I remembered it 
from when I was a kid.
It is so good.
Haven't put this one on my blog yet but here is a picture of it.


I've been reading The Museum of Lost Quilts by Jennifer Chiaverini
which is the book club selection for August.
I decided not to finish reading it.
Just can't get interested in it.

That's going to be it for this last day of July.
Hope you had a wonderful day.
Thanks so much for stopping by.
HappyK ๐Ÿ™‚


2 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

You have done wonderfully well with the photograph challenge.
That is a beautiful picture that hangs above your mantel.

Happy last day of July.

All the best Jan

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Beautiful framed picture, Karen. German red cabbage looks great.