Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Day 21 of the July Challenge

 July Photo-a-day Challenge with ChrissyT
Day 21
RED
This was an easy choice for me.
My Red Corvette
C5 2002 5 speed

I had the joy of driving my dream car around for 16 years.
Bought it new in 2002 and sold it when we moved into our house
here in the woods in 2018.
I still miss it at times.




๐Ÿ“ท    ๐Ÿ“ท    ๐Ÿ“ท

A cloudy sky this morning when I walked.
68 degrees with a little breeze.

It was my usual walk around both the cemeteries, the ball park,
and around town up and down the side streets.

Rain was predicted but it never did rain.
(We had quite a downpour later in the afternoon)

Quiet around town and didn't see anyone else out walking.

 This morning noticed the tassels on the corn.


Black Eyed Susans - Maryland's state flower.


๐Ÿ˜Š    ๐Ÿฅพ    ๐Ÿงข    ☁️

Food shopping day and this week we went down to the
Walmart in LaVale.

Before coming home stopped at the library to drop off a book.
By the time we got home it was lunch time.

Continued doing a little more house work this afternoon.
Then read and knitted as I do most days.

Hope you all had a wonderful Tuesday.
Thanks so much for stopping by.
HappyK ๐Ÿ™‚


✏️Comment replies:
Ginny - My FiestaWare is all old.  I collect the 6 original colors. Red, Cobalt, Yellow, Green, Ivory, and turquoise.

Mari - Anna isn't a little girl.  She has some kind of learning disability so seems like a little girl.  She is a lovely young lady and is always smiling.  I would guess that she is in her 20's.

4 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am impressed that you had a red Corvette!! I know what you mean about missing it. I had a turquoise Mustang and sold it when we had our baby. I still miss it to this day!

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

What a beautiful red Corvette, Karen.

Tom said...

...red, of course!

Michelle said...

That's a sweet ride!