Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, October 02, 2024

Sandy

Got to town and started walking at 6:30.
It was 60 degrees and the weather forecast said no rain so wore my regular walking clothes and shoes.

Had my usual work around town.
Up and down the main road, behind our old house, and the side streets.
Continued around the ball park loop and one of the cemeteries to complete my steps.


Saw John out with Prim but too far away to even wave hello.

I saw what I first thought was a rat run up a tree but then realized it was a baby squirrel.  
Can you spot it on the branch up in the tree?


At about 10,000 steps or so it started misting and before long it was raining so another walk in the rain and this time I got wet!


Morning Walk Steps 13,334


☁️     🍁     🍂     🌧

Laundry had to be put on the drying rack inside, more rain during the day.
Did a bit more of the weekly house cleaning.

Then I spent some time on the cross stitch.
I'm so so close to being done that I just want to keep working on it.
I believe tomorrow I will finish it!!!

It was a dreary rainy day and then at 5:00 the sun came out.
Hope this weather continues into tomorrow and I'll have a completely dry walk!!
As you know I like walking in the rain but like the sunshine too. ☀️

I nice easy supper this evening - tomato soup and grilled cheese.

Some sad news.
One of the women I make the blankets for babies with and in fact the one who got the whole ministry started 8 or 9 years ago has died.
Sandy had been ill for a while and I know she is now in Heaven, happy, and out of pain.
She had a dry sense of humor that I so enjoyed. 
She would do anything for you and was a great prayer warrior. 
Sandy will be missed.  

Happy Wednesday and thanks for stopping by.
HappyK🙂

Comment Replies:
Rose - Yes, it is nice to come home to a nice warm house after enjoying a rainy walk!

Ginny, Bill and Diana - I thought the same thing about the rainy day picture in the dark yesterday.  Ken said it would make a good cover for a Mystery novel.  

1 comment:

Tom said...

...the squirrel blends right in!