Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, October 03, 2024

Foggy Morning

 

48 degrees this morning when I got to town at 6:25 and started walking.
It wasn't raining but still didn't get to walk in the sun because it was foggy the whole time I was walking.



Walked all around town up and down all the side streets and the main road.
Stopped at the library to put a DVD down the book drop.
Went around both cemeteries and the ball park again too.

Rebecca was up at the cemetery walking around it with Leo the same time I was.

There are some bulls in the pasture in front of the Drane house and as I walked around the cemetery I watched one of the farm workers trying to get one of the bulls into the cattle struck without much success.  He ended up leaving and I guess went to get some help.  I almost went down to help but thought I'd just be in the way.


Morning Walk Steps 13,033

🌫     🙂     🍁     🌫

Happy to say that the fog burned off by mid morning and we had a beautiful sunny day.

Finally got to hang the laundry out to dry.  Did the sheets today.  Usually do them on Monday but this was the first sunny day.


I got through with my house chores and started working on the cross stitch and finished it this afternoon.  You can see it HERE.

That's it for today.
Happy Thursday and thanks for stopping by.
HappyK🙂

4 comments:

Tom said...

...at this time of year, morning fog adds a touch of magic!

Kerri Farley said...

I love foggy pics - and of course the leaf!! The cross stitch looks amazing!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your first photo is beautiful. It has four layers of different textures and colors! And the red leaf is even prettier than yesterday's yellow! I'm glad you didn't offer to help. I do not want to read tomorrow that you were trampled by a bull!

Lowcarb team member said...

You can't beat line dried washing, good that you managed to get your laundry done in dry sunny weather.

All the best Jan