Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, October 04, 2024

Outside this afternoon

 

Was at town and walking at 6:20 and it was 54 degrees.
It started out foggy once again but it quickly burned off and then it was sunny.

A fun picture
I was under a street light here and have a twin shadow.
Also a shadow of me taking the picture. πŸ™‚


I walked up and down the main road and then around the cemetery up the hill.

Continued on down the road back toward home, turned around and went up Sale Barn Rd a ways, and then back in town.


Up and down some side streets then back though town and to the Jeep.

Some progress has been made on the garage I'm watching being built.


I was walking on one one of the side streets when a car stopped and the woman driving said, Do you remember me? I said yes, you're Evalena. 
We met years ago when I lived in town and used the walk the Farm Loop just about every day.  
She lived along there and I'd see her once in a while.
She now lives in town and still sees me walking so she stopped to say hi. πŸ™‚  
We must have talked 10 minutes.

John was walking down from the cemetery with Prim as I was walking up to it. 
He left me a message on the mirror - Good Morning πŸ™‚

I noticed that a lot of mushrooms have started popping up all over the place.

Morning Walk Steps 13,203


🌫     ☀️     πŸ     πŸ‚

More laundry done and hung out to dry on this beautiful sunny day.

Made another couple of loaves of the English muffins.

This afternoon I went outside and did took all the weeds out of a little stone path down in front of the driveway.  
Should have taken a picture because it's hard to explain where it is.   
Then picked up some dead fall and put it on the fence that I've been making. 
I was out front today but I'm making these fences all over the place.

When I had enough of that I sat on the porch and read.  

Made pizza for supper and used the dough that I made last week.  
The recipe made two and we froze one of the doughs.  
The dough freezes well!! 
Knowing that, I can make the dough ahead and keep a few in the freezer.  
Now we don't have to buy Pepe's anymore at Walmart.

Happy Friday and thanks so much for stopping by.
HappyKπŸ™‚

7 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

That is a great fun picture ... I like it :)

All the best Jan

Tom said...

...the first image is magical!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. Lovely pictures today. You have lots of friends in your town - that's because you spread kindness and happiness wherever you go! Have a good weekend.

Granny Marigold said...

I always admire how crisp and clear your pictures are. That first one is a perfect October shot!

Ginny Hartzler said...

One and three are my favorites, they are beautiful! Wow, how on earth did you manage to create a twin!!

Rose said...

Love that first photo, and of course the leaf photo...and so glad you explained your second shadow. I saw that and thought how did she do that...LOL

Mari said...

That first photo is so beautiful!
Glad you got to talk to Evelena.
I am enjoying your leaf photos.
I hope you share a photo of your fence.