Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Yarn Winder

Another quiet walk around town this Tuesday morning, didn't see any one else out.
It was 48 degrees when I got to town.

Walked up and down the main road under the street lights.
Then walked around both of the cemeteries and over to the ball park and then just all around town again.

The bull was under the apple tree waiting for some more apples to fall down so he could eat them.  I see one on the ground and a few still up in the tree.


I was walking down the hill from the cemetery and turned around to see the sun just coming over the mountain.  The sun had risen 6:54 and took this picture at 7:20.


I texted Ken when I was done walking.  He drove the truck up the road to Art Butler to leave the truck to have an oil change. I stopped there too to pick him and we came home together.

☀️    🛻    ☀️

The yarn winder I bought came in the mail today so I spent quite a bit of time playing around with it. I sure do like it and it makes it so easy to control those huge skeins.


The yellow yarn here came in a huge skein and gets tangled so now I can just make a few 'cakes' of yarn.  You put the yarn on the holder and then turn the handle.  


 It makes a nice even cake of yarn.


The yellow yarn was light weight and the winder works great with regular worsted yarn also.  This is a pound of yarn that I made into a few cakes.


Here are the cakes I made today.


Besides playing around with the winder, I did another load of laundry, washed a few
more windows, and addressed more envelopes.

We hopped in the car to go pick up the truck but before doing that we stopped at the library to pick up one of my books I requested, An Echo of Murder by Anne Perry.  Book number 23 in the Monk series. There is only one more book in the series.

Found some time for porch sitting also.

Well That's going to be it for today.
Happy Tuesday and thanks for visiting.
HappyK🙂

Comment Replies:





A few comments were about my Nancy Drew books.  Just a couple of them were mine, the others I collected over the years in antique and collectable shops.  I have 52 of them.  The one I just finished reading is number 14.  Plan on reading all of them.










Dianna and Debby - I bought the bears from a friend back in the 90's.  She made them out of old quilts.🧸

Rose - Don't even remember the names of the movies we returned and we watched a couple of good ones with Morgan Freeman but can't remember the titles.

Paula - Thanks for the movie recommendation. Will check it out.
18,365
4,843,314

12 comments:

Tom said...

...the winder is clever. I remember helping my mother wind yarn.

Bill said...

The bull looks lonely standing under the apple tree, he needs one of his buddies to keep him company.

Mari said...

The sunrise photo is so pretty! I always like seeing the bulls.
I may be just a little jealous of your Nancy Drew books. :)
That yarn winder is going to be so nice for you!

Granny Marigold said...

Your new yarn winder looks like a very useful thing to have for anyone that knits. I didn't know a "ball" of yarn was called a cake.
I like that sunrise picture.

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is a HUGE sun!! The winder is so cool, and will save a lot of frustration!

Dianna said...

Oh my! I think I NEED a yarn winder! That's one of the most frustrating things about working with yarn...it gets tangled and then what a mess!

Thank you for answering my question about the bears. They are so adorable!

Rose said...

That sunrise is spectacular...you sure timed it just right to turn around. That yellow yarn is so beautiful. I just love it. Have you watched Driving Miss Daisy with Morgan Freeman...it is really good.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen! I love your Nancy Drew book collection. I loved reading Nancy Drew books as a kid. I have recently started collecting Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys books. So far, I have 9 Nancy Drew books and 19 Hardy Boys books. That winder looks cool. It will sure be a helpful thing to you! See you again tomorrow!

Connie said...

What a cool contraption, I never knew such a thing existed. I don't know how many times I've got my yarn all twisted up and tangled and it takes forever sometimes to untangle it. Enjoy your new toy 😊

Ann said...

What an awesome sunrise picture that it.
The yarn winder is a pretty handy gadget.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I can see the apple by the bull far away, but not the one closer to you.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I hope the bull does not wait long for an apple to fall.
The sunrise looks pretty. The winder is a neat tool.
Take care, have a great day!