Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, September 09, 2024

Pink Peep Monday

A quiet morning walk around town this morning.
It was dark and 42 degrees when I arrived at 6:20.
The sun rose at 6:53 but didn't come over over mountain till 7:20.
Then it was sunny.
Morning Walk Steps 13,059

Walked first to the library and dropped off 4 DVD's. We didn't like any of the movies we picked out and only watched about 10 minutes of each one.

Continued walking up and down the main street and then around both cemeteries and then the ball park loop.  Walked back around the lower cemetery again at the end of my walk.

Didn't see any one else out walking.

Spotted some kind of hawk flying around by the pond.

Don't see it very often around here but some farmers still use the square hay bales.





The nice brick house that was for sale in town sold and the new owners moved in this weekend.




🌤    🌤    🌤

Sheet washing day.  Another nice sunny day for drying clothes out on the line.

Today the living room windows got washed.  A job I'm not fond of but sure do like nice clean windows.

A friend from church asked if I would help her address some envelopes. I said yes and started on them today.  There are 116 for me to do and I did 25 so far today.

While waiting for a couple of books to come in at the library that I have requested today I'm reading one of my Nancy Drew books, The Whispering Statute.

Also spent a little time doing some more on the cross stitch.

Supper tonight was grilled hamburgers and corn on the cob.

This week Pink Peep is visiting with a couple of friendly bears.


Happy Monday and thanks for visiting.
HappyK🙂
19,128
4,824,949

16 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. Sounds like you had another nice day. Grilled hamburgers and corn on the cob sounds delicious! See you tomorrow.

Tom said...

...we had sweet corn night, the corn has been great this year. BigTex sure was loaded.

Lowcarb team member said...

They do look friendly bears Pink Peep is sitting with :)

All the best Jan

Ginny Hartzler said...

The bears look like vintage and are in amazingly good shape. What a cute trio!!

Paula said...

If you haven't seen this, look for the movie "Dare to Dream...The Secret" It is the BEST movie!

Prims By The Water said...

Gosh thats how we use to bale hay....thats a long time ago for me. THose teddies are adorable next to peeps. Janice

Rose said...

I am wondering what movies you got that you didn't like. And have you watched anything lately that you really liked? You sure don't see the square bales very often around here either. Pink Peep looks all cosy where its at....love the weave-it blanket it is sitting on.

Dianna said...

I'm glad that the house sold and that its new owners have moved in! How kind of you to help your friend from church address some envelopes. Supper sounds good...and I love the sweet bears that Pink Peep visited with today. Are they ones from your childhood or your children's childhoods?

Granny Marigold said...

I'm so sorry I didn't keep the Nancy Drew books that my girls had.
We had corn on the cob for supper too. A friend brought it fresh from his garden.

Mari said...

Pink Peep is in good company there!
I loved Nancy Drew and I wish I had some from my younger days. I would like to read one again. I also loved The Boxcar Children.
Addressing those envelopes is such a nice way to help someone. I am sure she greatly appreciates it!

Hill Top Post said...

Dan and I used to earn extra money in the summer by hauling square bales of hay. We usually only watch old classic movies, preferably made in the late 20's through the 40's. I am still able to find some on YouTube.

Ann said...

Too bad that you didn't like any of the 4 movies. I know that lately when I've picked one on tv I never end up liking it and don't get very far with them.
It's been a long time since I've read a Nancy Drew mystery. I always loved them.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Bill said...

Looks like you had some nice weather. We have sun and rain, they like being friends and meet during the day at least for the last few days. :)

Debby said...

The bears are adorable. Is there a story that goes with the bears?

jack69 said...

Me 'n that bull loves apples!!! enjoyed the visit. THANKS