Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, September 11, 2024

A Very Long Shadow


The temperature was 55 degrees, calm and once again sunny when the sun came over the mountain.  

Was surprised that I didn't see anyone else out walking this morning because it was such a beautiful morning for walking.

I walked around both of the cemeteries first, and then around the ball park loop.  Continued all around town.

Every once in a while I take a picture of my shadow but this is the longest shadow I've ever seen!!


☀️    ☀️    ☀️

Another load of clothes got washed and hung outside.  My washing machine is still working but today it made some strange noises during the spin cycle but all was fine with the clothes.  

Got a bit more cleaning done along with the usual every day chores.  

I've finished addressing all those envelopes for Becky.

A little more progress on the cross stitch and also sat out on the porch and read.

It's been a nice sunny day.

That's it for today.
Happy Wednesday and thanks for stopping by.
HappyK🙂

Deal with the faults of others as gently as your own.
Chinese Proverb
16,835
4,860,149

13 comments:

Tom said...

...you are so tall!

Dianna said...

My washing machine has been doing the same thing. I'm hoping that it doesn't give out because I really don't want to have to buy a new one. They don't last very long anymore.

Mari said...

I love the shadow shot!
Yay for finishing the envelopes.
That's a great proverb.

Rose said...

I think that is the longest shadow I have ever seen....of someone I mean.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Longest shadow I have ever seen, too! And a light at the end!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Sounds like a lovely, cool morning!

Debby said...

Yikes! The attack of the 50 foot woman! Ever see that old 50’s sci-fi movie?

Granny Marigold said...

That shadow is very impressive!!

Ann said...

Wow, that is a long shadow.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
It is a long shadow, great photo! Take care, enjoy your day!

Bill said...

Your shadow is so very tall, the tallest ever. :)

Lowcarb team member said...

Such a nice long shadow.

All the best Jan

Prims By The Water said...

That is a very long shadow indeed. Janice