Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, September 15, 2024

Sunday

 Happy Sunday


🎶 Still Sweeter Every Day 🎶

1. To Jesus ev'ry day I find my heart is closer drawn,
He's fairer than the glory of the gold and purple dawn;
He's all my fancy pictures in its fairest dreams, and more,
Each day He grows still sweeter than He was the day before.

Chorus

The half cannot be fancied, this side the golden shore;
O there He'll be still sweeter than He ever was before.

2. His glory broke upon me when I saw Him from afar,
He's fairer than the lily, brighter than the morning star;
He fills and satisfies my longing spirit o'er and o'er,
Each day He grows still sweeter than He was the day before. 

3. My heart is sometimes heavy but he comes with sweet relief,
He folds me to His bosom when I droop with blighting grief;
I love the Christ who all my burdens in His body bore,
Each day He grows still sweeter than He was the day before. 


📖 Psalm 104:34 📖

 My meditation of him shall be sweet: 
I will be glad in the LORD.

A Blessed Sunday to all.
HappyK🙂

Comment Replies:
Janice - We sleep with our windows open all summer. 🙂
14,509
4,928,611

10 comments:

Tom said...

...I wish you many sweet days.

eileeninmd said...

Happy Sunday Karen! Take care, have a great day and a happy new week!

Mari said...

I've not heard that song before. Love the words. Happy Sunday!

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is a hymn we don't know.

Dianna said...

A lovely song.

Prims By The Water said...

Gosh wish we could. Just too humid most Summer days and then in the Winter, just too cold. I envy you for that. Janice

Lowcarb team member said...

Such a beautiful looking sky.
I hope your Sunday has been happy and peaceful.

All the best Jan

Ann said...

Beautiful photo and nice hymn.

Bill said...

Gorgeous sky! Have a happy new week.

Kerri Farley said...

Beautiful Hymn and Psalm.