Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, September 14, 2024

Saturday

58 degrees this morning when I got to town for my morning walk.
A mix of sun and clouds once it got light out.

Walked through town over to the industrial park and walked all around in there.


Then back through town, around the ball park loop and twice around the cemetery on the hill.  By that time had all my steps in.

As I was walking down from the cemetery back to the car I saw Sheila come running up the hill.

I saw Pam (she has the day care that Kinsley goes too) in her yard and stopped to talk.  

Morning Walk Steps 13,271


☁️     ðŸŒ¤     ðŸŒ¤

As always enjoyed stitching time at the library this morning.  There were seven of us there this time.   

Didn't do much of anything this afternoon.  Another nice day for porch sitting.  We both sat out there and read a while.

This morning before I left for the library I had put a whole bunch of chicken breasts in the crock pot and we had chicken quesadillas for supper.  The rest of the chicken got put in freezer bags in the freezer for future suppers.

That's all I have for today.
Happy Saturday and thanks for stopping by.
HappyK🙂
16,648
4,914,102

12 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

One frilly red tree. the quesadillas sound so good. Everything you cook sounds so good, you always make me hungry.

Rose said...

That tree is gorgeous.. there is on the way to.walmart I wish I could photograph but the road is too busy and not s single place to pull off.

MELODY JACOB said...

You had a lovely and productive Saturday! Stitching at the library with friends must be a comforting and enjoyable way to spend the morning. A relaxing afternoon on the porch with some good reading and a delicious homemade dinner of chicken quesadillas sounds like a perfect way to round out the day. It’s great that you prepped extra chicken for future meals too—always a smart move!

Wishing you a lovely weekend. You are invited to read my new blog post: https://www.melodyjacob.com/2024/09/sighthill-neighbourhood-glasgow.html

Dianna said...

Your pictures are beautiful, as always. Glad there was a good turnout at the library for stitching today. The quesadillas sound delicious.

Prims By The Water said...

We love sleeping with the windows open now. Janice

Tom said...

...that maple is starting to put on a show.

Mari said...

We're seeing some spots of red around here too.
I did some chicken like that recently. It's so nice to have ready to go!

Granny Marigold said...

I notice that you use your crock pot often. The meals you make sound delicious.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Putting chicken in the crock pot like that is a really great idea. I think I need to do something like that. Have a good Sunday. See you then!

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful scenes and a pretty tree. Your supper sounds yummy.
Take care, have a great day and a happy new week!

Ann said...

Chicken quesadillas sound good. I like doing things for dinner that have leftovers to put in the freezer for another day.

Sue said...

Hello dear Friend , I always enjoy reading of your walks, your daily activity, and your lovely photos!
Blessings,
Sue