Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, September 27, 2024

Pizza Dough

I was in town walking at 6:25 and sunrise was 7:10.
It was cloudy at first but after awhile there was a light mist just enough for me to get a bit damp.  No big deal.
It was a bit windy too.
Morning Walk Steps 13,307


Headed on over to the library and dropped another book down the book drop.

Then walked all around town and over to the DG Market where I turned around walked around town again including both of the cemeteries and the ball park.

Pretty quiet around town and didn't see any of the regulars out.


☁️     ☁️     ๐ŸŒง     ๐Ÿ

A rainy morning and this afternoon the rain stopped but it was windy.

Finished up housework for the week during the morning.

Reading and cross stitching in the afternoon. 

We still like having homemade pizza for supper on Fridays.  
Used to make the dough with the bread machine.  
Then we started using Pepe ready made dough that comes frozen and you have to spread it out once it thaws.
This time I made the dough from scratch and this one was the best.  
Think I'll be making this from now on and having the Pepe when I don't feel like making dough.

That's all I've got for today.
Happy Friday and thanks for visiting.
HappyK๐Ÿ™‚

Comment Replies:
A few people mentioned not shopping at Walmart because of high prices.  We shop there because the prices seem lower than in the local stores.  We shop at 3 other stores too when they have sales.

Janice - The water tanks from yesterday are at a farm and they are used for water!

Ginny - Yes, I like walking in the leaves and do whenever I see them.๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ
 

5 comments:

Rose said...

Most stuff is cheaper at walmart unless you go to others for special sales...at least here. And sometimes I feel like do you save anything by the time you pay for the extra gas to go to the extra places? Now back at our old house, I got all my fresh meat at the local grocery...that was only a mile away...and even sometimes other processed meats. They had a really good butcher....sometimes I think that is a lost art.

Love the beautiful leaves...we are really getting the wind now.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Yes, Wal-Mart is the cheapest around here, not counting the Dollar Stores. The long red leaves are so beautiful!!

Dianna said...

There's nothing like homemade pizza dough. I'm sure yours was delicious.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. Prices are high everywhere - Walmart and everywhere else. Your homemade pizza always sounds so good. I hope you have a good weekend. See you again soon!

Billie Jo said...

Hello! I would love to hear about your pizza dough recipe! I am a beginner, but would love to start making our own! Have a cozy weekend, my friend.